Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ID normalized on the Deus

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ID normalized on the Deus
December 04, 2013 02:49AM
If you normalize the ID on the Deus does it also normalize the 10 pre set programs?
If it does any programs with 8 or 12 kHz the tone break points will/may be incorrectly set.
Pacman
Re: ID normalized on the Deus
December 04, 2013 11:37AM
Must be a dumb question.
Will be daylight I a little while and I can test and find out.
Pacman
December 04, 2013 12:31PM
I just don't believe there are a lot of Deus users on this site. Try the Deus forum of Finds.
December 04, 2013 03:25PM
Good question Pac Man. I have a Deus and just started to use it. Really nice machine.Works exceptionally well in trash, and not too shabby on at least one wet salt beach I used it on. Did have to get used to some of the chatter when running there, but targets were very well defined up to a certain depth...trails off and then deeper targets sound off with fainter but repeatable 'ticks'. This was an intital outing and I know the volume was low as well as some other options not used that could have optimized the unit, but all in all I was pleased with how it worked as well as how fast the recovery speed is and how light it is. And the wireless feature is truely nice. No wires anywhere which is a great feature when beach hunting.

Not sure when you change that option, if the presets are affected.
December 04, 2013 06:23PM
ShovelNose .... I did a XP Deus field test post/thread on this forum..... if this helps any.
December 04, 2013 06:41PM
It does effect the factory programs but not having my machine or the manual was not sure how it might effect the breaking points on the factory programs. Brother showed up about daylight with my Deus and i was able to answer my own question. I checked the two 8 kHz programs and cannot see where it would impact the breaking points.

This mornings hunt yielded four wheats , oldest a 1914 (no mint mark) and two Indian heads the oldes a 1890.

Not a bad morning for me.
Pacman
December 04, 2013 11:12PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ShovelNose .... I did a XP Deus field test
> post/thread on this forum..... if this helps any.

Page 18 under post. (Deus continues to impress ) the 7 th reply has a link to Toms field test.
December 04, 2013 11:33PM
The normal does effect the programs..

Problem is though the I.D. is really not needed....

The machine is desinged to do one thing.. and seems as if the I.D. was some sort of after thought to give it an extra selling feature...

The Europen manufacturers are trying to break into the American market and I know they want to bad but at the same time I actually hope they dont loose their Niche..

People keep on criticizing the Euro machines DTVG/GMP/GM in as far as they wont discriminate past foil ...If thats what they want to do with the machine they might as well stay with the American machine's....The whole benefit of the euro machines are to unlock in iron...not to use in a park or even a yard to some extent without the understanding that that's not there intended design...Enter the DEUS...Very sly of them to add the features to entice the American's....I hope it does not cause them to abandon their DNA over the course of time ...

Keith
December 04, 2013 11:55PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The normal does effect the programs..
>
> Problem is though the I.D. is really not
> needed....
>
> The machine is desinged to do one thing.. and
> seems as if the I.D. was some sort of after
> thought to give it an extra selling feature...
>
> The Europen manufacturers are trying to break into
> the American market and I know they want to bad
> but at the same time I actually hope they dont
> loose their Niche..
>
> People keep on criticizing the Euro machines
> DTVG/GMP/GM in as far as they wont discriminate
> past foil ...If thats what they want to do with
> the machine they might as well stay with the
> American machine's....The whole benefit of the
> euro machines are to unlock in iron...not to use
> in a park or even a yard to some extent without
> the understanding that that's not there intended
> design...Enter the DEUS...Very sly of them to add
> the features to entice the American's....I hope it
> does not cause them to abandon their DNA over the
> course of time ...
>
> Keith

Was more concerned how it might affect the breaking points on the factory programs than anything. No silver today but using a slightly modified Deus Fast program I did dig four wheats and two Indian heads out of trash this am. My ears are wasted for the day but it was good.
Oldes IH was 1890 oldest wheat was 1914.

Thanks for the reply
Pacman
December 04, 2013 11:58PM
Sorry I got off track..

Keith