Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hawaii hunt

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hawaii hunt
December 16, 2013 01:38AM
What is the best detector for beach hunting in the ocean at about six feet deep for gold rings. I heard the excaliber was very good but my friend is going for a week and then that is it for ocean hunting...And what kind of price range?

LowBoy

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Hawaii hunt
December 16, 2013 04:55AM
Hey Lawrenzo,
I would say $600 to $1000 on a decent Excal. They are not without a learning curve! One needs to read up on it- Andy Sabich or Clive Clynick have great books.
Six feet deep? Any surf? What is his experience level with water hunting? I am 2 years hunting the beach and shallow water year around and I would not consider for a moment trying to tackle 6 foot deep water. I am working up to maybe three feet. Surf surge makes recovery very challenging. Traditional hunting gets progressively difficult as water deepens and surf or tide disturb. I would think full scuba, snorkel or hooka would work with a dive shaft on the excel in still water.
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 17, 2013 04:18PM
Hunting in deep unknown waters can be fatal due to water surges and drop offs etc. We lose people every year under these conditions. Indeed metal detecting under these conditions can be fatal so do a lot of research and try the beaches and shallow water as a starting point...
December 17, 2013 05:18PM
Long thread on this very subject a few pages back at [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
January 10, 2014 03:59AM
bump