Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Videos and gold detector help

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Videos and gold detector help
March 06, 2014 08:45PM
Tom, I just had to tell you how much I enjoyed your video's. I learned so much. I have never been ocean or fresh water detecting. After watching your video's I always knew a gold nugget detector would be a good ideal for looking for small gold jewelry. Just wondering if that work any where besides the beach like on regular ground or just on sandy ground? Can you recommend a gold detector that would work well for micro jewelry hunting. I would like to find a used detector so not to put a lot of money in one. But one that is very sensitive to small thin gold chains and bracelets and earrings. Thanks, Kevin
Re: Videos and gold detector help
March 07, 2014 12:03AM
Hi Kevin,

...... Glad you liked the DVD's. The best 'micro-jewelry' detector is still the Fisher Gold Bug-2. Nothing has trumped the GB-2 for 20+ years. Then the XP GMP. Then the Fisher Gold Bug SE Pro (or Teknetics G2). Can they be used on dirt? Yes.......... BUT digging in areas other than dry sand..... is quite time-consuming. It can be done...... but it will wear you out!
March 07, 2014 01:19AM
Hello, Tom what do you think of a Garrett scorpion gold stinger. I found a used one on eBay. Would it be good for micro gold detecting? Thanks, Kevin
March 07, 2014 02:29AM
For micro jewelry hunting, your best bet is a machine at least 40 kHz or higher. You need that sensitivity to be high. That is key. I know. I have played around with this a lot.
March 07, 2014 12:38PM
No on the Scorpion! ((( Not sensitive enough..... not reliable ))).