Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PF Mode on F75 SE

Posted by DonM 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
PF Mode on F75 SE
March 25, 2014 12:35AM
Credit goes to goldman55 at the findmall site who discovered that the F75's run a lot smoother with less EMI using the following settings....I thought that I would post it here because there may be some F75 users who don't frequent the findmall site....from the looks of it - the few people who have tried it are very impressed with the way it improves performance.

Here is a quote from one of the people at findmall who have tried this setting:

"Goldie, tried your settings yesterday with my 5" coil, she was running quite I couldn't believe it and this place normally gives me some chatter, that was in DE,BP, set the SEN to 90 cause she was so quite used 4H tone cause I got some Indian heads there. Got 2 merc's, 2 wheaties, and a flat button and a few shotgun shells and a 43 silver nickel. I've hunted this place many times and wasn't getting much lately but these targets were deep minimum 8"s and the length of my Garrett Pro Pointer. They hit real solid, not broken up, some did show on the confidence meter but the #'s were there. I'm going to work with your setup for awhile but to me it seem right on the money. KUDO on that tip."

I am looking forward to trying these settings myself.

PF mode
Sensitivity @ 80
Disc at 15
Tones 3
Notch at 40

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2014 12:37AM by DonM.
Re: PF Mode on F75 SE
March 25, 2014 02:49AM
I never saw much use for notch, won't hurt to try! Wonder if it affects depth.
March 25, 2014 02:53AM
Definitely worth trying it out. I will be getting out later this week and will try it at a spot the F75 is just not my go to. I got a NEL Sharpshooter coil today so will be trying it and the 5 out. This is a old house with a lot of minerals in the ground. Not sure I need the notch at this site but will turn it on as its part of the formula. Sounds like its more of a trashy park setting.
March 25, 2014 08:06AM
I saw that thread a few hours ago, but wasn't sure whether it was specifically for the SE or both models. It certainly sounds bizarre. From what I read on Fishers' website, PF uses a fixed second-order filter, whereas DE auto-switches from fourth-order to second-order as it sees fit. Which doesn't obviously explain away a major difference. I've only really tried PF on a ploughed field, and couldn't tell any difference, this may be because there wasn't any, if DE had auto-set itself into a second-order PF-like mode.
March 25, 2014 12:28PM
Explain "notch at 40" if you have discrimination at 15?
March 25, 2014 06:01PM
Notch at 40 takes out half of some of the pulltabs you can run or not. dic 15 knocks out iron and some foil
March 25, 2014 06:05PM
Ruby, disc set at 15.------notch out only half pull tabs,------ there will be only a half slash over the top of pull tabs....that's my take on it., capiche?
March 26, 2014 03:08AM
It is a trashy park, Notch would be your choice, were your going to hunt i would not notch. Only use notch in this Park because i hit lot Tab's in that range. Also i have the Nel sharpshooter coil love it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2014 03:09AM by goldman55.
March 26, 2014 06:07PM
Tom D want to run these setting through the test bed and see what shakes out. ??

It ran stable in my house. Way to coooold to try outside today.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2014 06:10PM by gman.
March 27, 2014 02:12AM
I have indeed. It's a moderate reduction in performance to coins // coin-conductivity items. It's a large reduction in performance to small relics. Especially in moderate/mild dirt.
BUT........ what you might be encountering with these reduced settings is: A reduction in instability/EMI............ subsequently, mitigating 'brain-overload'......... with end-resultant being a acceptable/do'able/intelligible........ "can hunt all day without fatigue" platform. A reduction in performance that allows you to hunt all day AND allows you to better discern between noise vs actual target.............. vs ................ 'overdrive' that causes confusion/discouragement/shut-down................. will certainly/ultimately have a happy ending.

One of the BIGGEST errors that F75/T2 users encounter .... is: Wanting to drive this Ferrari in downtown New York City.......... IN OVERDRIVE.
This F75/T2 platform has been designed to allow/authorize the user the 'option' to use 'overdrive'........... should that rare opportunity present itself. Most detectorists want to utilize overdrive in MOST scenario's............ presenting a wrongful (and fatal) resultant.
March 27, 2014 12:20PM
I want to see if it helps with the 5" DD coil depth.
March 28, 2014 11:38PM
No difference in the 5" DD coil performance. But it does run quieter even at sensitivity of 99. I'm sure it has a use in places.