Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold Bug Pro DP

Posted by scoopjohnb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold Bug Pro DP
April 01, 2014 07:22PM
I am so impressed with my F75, well I let my X-terra 705 go,.... and wen't and got hold of a Gold Bug Pro DP.

Don't get me wrong the X-terra 705 was one of my favorite detectors, especially that elliptical coil.
But it just didn't have the tone modulation I've come to enjoy in my other detectors.

It goes BEEP to edge depth, then has about an inch of flimsy tone and then it's gone.
Tried several adjustments, couldn't get it to signal target depth/size in the audio.

Switch it to prospecting mode and you've got a whole different detector, much more reactive, easier target "guesstimation" etc.
But then it doesn't have a decent disc, only iron.

So I was switching between modes all the time.
Sensitivity needs to be carried over Disc mode to Prospecting mode,....

Everything packed up, visited my dealer,... came home with this dinky little fisher.
No menus, no unwieldy lttlle Deus buttons, 2 analog style pots a few push buttons.

This thing is fun, really if you have used the V-break disc system,.... you haven't had pancakes with maple syrup!!!

Took it to a local park with the stock 11" coil.
Set it up in all metal, a barrage of signals every sweep. Oh dear,... now I've done it.
Managed to find a clean spot, ground balanced.
Flipped over to disc and gradually upped disc until I hit a modern pull tab.

Within an hour I was calling targets, modern pull tab, ringpull, bottle cap, coke can, etc. etc.
Didn't get any gold, but got a few coins, dug some pinpointer depth plugs,.... and managed a few targets with iron in the same hole.

Hey,.... I've still got my training wheels on!!

Fisher,.... you guys know a thing or two about detectors. No doubt about that.

As off yesterday.
4 Fishers, 2 Minelabs.
CZ-3D, F75 Ltd, Goldbug 2, Goldbug Pro DP, CTX3030, Excalibur II and a dog called Cody.

I'm no "expert" on any, the dog mostly ignores just about every command,.... but I'm having fun every time out and digging history new and old!!

HH
Johnb
Re: Gold Bug Pro DP
April 01, 2014 07:37PM
Don't worry you have a winner with the GB Pro DP. Very good machine for the price.
You'll fall in love with it soon.
April 02, 2014 07:54AM
Yep...excellent machine for sure, and it's a great addition to your "stable." Enjoy!

Steve
April 02, 2014 01:45PM
The "Stable" is a work in progress.
I like my tools and it's a lot of fun to have the wright tool for the job at hand.
Guess it's a force of habit, in the shop we sell power tools and having the wright equipment just makes everything "easy".

As I progress in this very addictive hobby,... I'm finding that displays are taking a back seat and I'm hunting more and more by ear.
Also efficient and minimum effort target recovery has become a priority.

The digging tool "stable" is also a work in progress and get's fined tuned now and again.

HH
Johnb
April 05, 2014 06:56AM
5" DD coil on the way to sift in my trashy spot for deep nickles.

HH
Johnb