Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wanted Fisher ID EDGE small 6" search coil

Posted by Sven1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wanted Fisher ID EDGE small 6" search coil
April 25, 2014 10:24PM
Somebody has to have one they want to part with?

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Re: Wanted Fisher ID EDGE small 6" search coil
April 25, 2014 11:47PM
Coinstrike coils work too Sven...

just have to clip the ground lug loose to make it work..

whast funny the coinstrike coil will still work on the coinstrike with the groundlug clipped...

But a soldered groundlug wont work on the EDGE...

Not sure why the Coinstrike was ever soldered it works either way?

I have a mod I did on a few EDGE's...you'll notice on the edge if you touch the control box under the battery compartment and next to the coil connector it will cause the machine to false..this is on the right side if looking at the back of the box....

Theres a quite large capacitor on the back edge of the board and it site right next to the housing...and casues the machine to false quite alot ....even humidity seems to effect it...

Fisher for some reason did not shield the box?

It was Dimitars way of doing thing's..he did not shield the coinstrike or Excell or Goldstrike boxes either...

but what you will find is the the type box shields that usually work on detectors like the foil types do not work on this capacitor noise pickup...

I actually found that bending a piece of aluminum on a metal brake and droping it inside the box works perfect and actually allows for more sensitivity to be ran for better depth...I use the aluminum that is about 1/32 thick or so..I make it fit inside the box and drill a hole for the headphone jack and coil connector and let them feed through it in the back.. the sides can come up the side walls about 1/4 of the way as the board is sort of wedged shaped and wider towards the front of the box that the back so keep that in mind....make the aluminum just go acroos the back of the box from under the batterys to the bottom and the bend it to come up the sides of the box about 1/4 of the way then drop it in and mark you coil plug and headphone jack holes from the outside and take it back out a drill them out and then reinsert them...

after that put it together and you will find the EDGE to be extrmeley EMI resilient and the noise form any box contact like a loose jacket and such tappeing the box will be gone...

Keith
Re: Wanted Fisher ID EDGE small 6" search coil
April 26, 2014 12:55AM
Thanks for the info. Will shield the box per your instructions.
Liked the two Edges I had back in 2011, should have kept one of them.
Wonder if that is why I found the Coinstrike that I had not much fun, falsed a lot.
Have you tried the Sunray Invader CS-5 coil by any chance?

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me