Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D is going deep

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
CZ3D is going deep
May 04, 2014 02:43AM
I was lucky enough to pick up a 1021 CZ3D last year at a good price. I did not send it in to be calibrated but this thing will go deep. I posted a post on findmall with some pictures. Found a couple targets in the 12-13 inch range today.

Link to the post

[www.findmall.com]
Re: CZ3D is going deep
May 04, 2014 07:14AM
Hello Bill,

Now those are deep targets, Looks like some CZ-3D may not need the depth mode, But it would'nt hurt if one sent it in to Tom for a checkup.

Yours is like my CZ-3D, not sure if it has Tom's mod but it does a decent job depth wise. Was air testing a dime the other day and it will air test a dime at 10-10.5" inches, Not the strongest signal actually kind of weak but can hear the dime at these air test depths.

Looks like you've got a deep stock 3D, Enjoy the CZ she treat you well!

Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2014 04:07PM by Old California.
May 04, 2014 01:53PM
Another believer old technology or not...Not much into air test and they sure go deep in the ground where it counts..Years ago with my first CZ6 dug and dug and gave up thinking can't be a coin this deep so covered the hole. Later coming back to the car hit the signal again and redug and found a barber dime about a foot deep. 10 feet down the path received another deep signal and with previous knowledge came up with a old date merc at about 10 inches. Over the years repeated this scenario many times.
wjs
May 04, 2014 02:57PM
I have gave up on a few myself after getting close to the 14" mark. This was in places where I had to use a hand digger and be careful so I thought it was best to stop. Hate to think what I passed up especially on those deep repeatable high tones.
May 04, 2014 04:24PM
Those are deep coins Dan, Wish I could say have been a CZ user a long time but actually didn't start using a CZ until recently 2-3 years back.

The first day using the CZ-3D dug a barber dime around 8" inches with stock coil, Had a rusty nail in the same hole and often wondered if my CZ actually responded to the dime or nail or combination of both?

Here in California 8" on a wheat penny especially on a silver dime is terrific for the kind of soil we have, Not too mineralized in the valley floor but the dirt does effect depth. Heavier mineralized further up both mountain ranges even our pin-pointers start to false touching the dug dirt, Hear some hunters back east having really bad dirt guess ours isn't too bad compared to theirs.

So far that's the deepest I've dug a coin with my CZ-3D, Pretty sure could get one deeper if I would use the CZ more often for deep turf hunting but use the CZ more for gold jewelry hunting.

Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2014 04:26PM by Old California.
May 04, 2014 10:48PM
Slow is the way to go....really kills coverage but that's how you get the deep ones...By the way one should get a wheat penny deeper than a silver dime as well it has more area and believe copper has more conductivity as it leaches into the ground making it even bigger. Keep in mind tuning of CZ in hand, ability of the operator including hearing, headphones and of course mineralization in your area all play a role in
depth of a CZ...