Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D or F-75?

Posted by Kas 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Kas
CZ3D or F-75?
May 24, 2014 07:43PM
I'm about to invest in a new detector, again, and I was looking for some opinions on either of these. I have a lot of hours with the CZ3D but none with the F-75....

Thanks, Ken
Re: CZ3D or F-75?
May 24, 2014 07:50PM
That would be tuff to answer without some information as to what you want to use machine for(coins.relics) and where( mineral) and what type areas ( modern trash, iron infestation) you will be hunting...

Keith
May 24, 2014 08:18PM
Kas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm about to invest in a new detector, again, and
> I was looking for some opinions on either of
> these. I have a lot of hours with the CZ3D but
> none with the F-75....
>
> Thanks, Ken

would go with the f-75 because of the 'faster" processor!
cz-3d is great for depth in relatively "clean" areas,but f-75 gives ya the depth,
AND better separation of targets in heavily trashed areas.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Kas
May 25, 2014 01:05AM
Thx...Ken
May 25, 2014 04:00PM
There is NOTHING wrong with a CZ and the fact you are experienced with one is a major plus. Given everything Keith said as gospel there are some huge variables needed to make an informed suggestion. Never the less... in most cases I'd say go with the F75 and I prefer the se, myself. In most situations it is as good or better than the older tech for most users. The added flexibility and user information is hard to offset for the few times the CZ is the better unit (wet ocean sand and old coin hunting with limited iron). Only you know what is best for the type of hunting you expect to do.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
May 26, 2014 05:11AM
I've had both detectors twice, for me there's been pluses and minuses to each.

Both are very capable of finding deep coins and relics. The F75 likes iron, the CZ-3D absolutely loves it. Longtime Cz-3D users say you can tell iron falses from good targets and that may be true most of the time. But I had enough "that's a lousy iron signal but I'm going to dig it anyway" targets turn out to be good targets that it frustrated me. In clean ground the Cz-3d was a joy to use. In trashier ground, no joy.

The Cz-3D is an analog machine and there is a wide variance in depth capabilities from one detector to the next. I've seen Tom calibrated 3d's go from 8 something inches to past 12 in Tom's Florida dirt. In general, the 1021's are deeper than newer El Paso units, but it's not a hard and fast rule. CZ-3D's incorrectly or at least less than optimally calibrated from the factory are common. Units that are not properly calibrated are subject to unwanted condtions like incorrect IDing and deep audio smear. Don't know if he coined it or not, but Tom uses that term to describe when improperly tuned cz-3d's give elongated and smeared sounding signals on deep targets like coins.

The F75 is prone to EMI interference, especially with the bigger stock coil, while the 3D is not. A lot of anecdotal evidence points to the more newly manufactured F75's (and newer manufactured high gain FT products in general) being less EMI prone.

I definitely prefer the sound of the CZ-3D audio to that of the F75. Vice versa when it comes to ergonomics.

The F75 is prone to EMI interference, especially with the bigger stock coil, while the 3D is not. A lot of anecdotal evidence points to the more newly manufactured F75's (and newer manufactured high gain FT products in general) being less EMI prone.

I've never found anything better than the F75 with the 5" coil for finding coins at depth in dense iron. In a less trashy hunting environment, I would prefer a deep and properly tuned 1021 CZ-3D over the F75.
May 26, 2014 12:53PM
Well said marcomo , you need both if you can swing it! I have KAS's old CZ-3D and have a T2 also, close enough. Before the freeze last year about 2 months on E-Trac, started out this spring with the T2 for the start of the season because of the ergonomics, and it has been finding the goods! Last year I would said the CZ is my go to machine, now not so sure ? & HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2014 01:04PM by rapidroy7.
Kas
May 26, 2014 05:55PM
Yep Roy, you have my old CZ3D, and I bought it directly from Tom, and he calibrated it before sending, and I found some nice deep targets with it.... wish my life event would have been different and I'd still be swinging it. Do you want that detector back you sent me? I'll ship it if you want. I bought a 5900/Di Pro SL, White's analog relic machine for a 100.00 from an old guy who hardly ever used it since new in 1996....lol. But I'm moving back up.....
Thx, Ken
May 26, 2014 10:57PM
Hello Kas, moving on up good to hear, NO yours to keep/sell your choice on the Pioneer! HH & keep us posted!
May 27, 2014 12:12AM
Kas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep Roy, you have my old CZ3D, and I bought it
> directly from Tom, and he calibrated it before
> sending, and I found some nice deep targets with
> it.... wish my life event would have been
> different and I'd still be swinging it. Do you
> want that detector back you sent me? I'll ship it
> if you want. I bought a 5900/Di Pro SL, White's
> analog relic machine for a 100.00 from an old guy
> who hardly ever used it since new in 1996....lol.
> But I'm moving back up.....
> Thx, Ken

Ken, if the 5900 was new in 1996, then you have the CB model, just look at the sticker inside the battery box lid and below the serial # it should read 5900 CB.
This is the last of the greatest analog detectors White's ever made, if learned, It will keep up with the newer digital machines.

This is the best White's moderate to fast sweep speed 4 filter detector, I have one and just love it for the more open spaces where you can cover some major ground. If you put the 6½" 5.3 BullsEye coil on and turn up the Signal Balance, then you can slow your sweep speed down some. It can't be swept Tesoro slow
but it can be swept at a much more comfortable sweep speed. With the smaller coil and goosed up Signal Balance, a person can work the trashy spots better.

You did well with the purchase, a $100....LOL. It is a keeper for sure!!!