Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ6A ??

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ6A ??
June 08, 2014 11:19PM
I have owned three CZ6A units. the first was really deep and stable. I wished I had never sold it. But that is water under the bridge now. The second was like new but did not compare to the first when it came to operation. I purchased a third a few weeks ago, in my long quest to recover my original or at least one that operates equal to it.
Well, the unit I have now has me scratching my head. I always ground balance a little positive just to get the unit a little hotter or deeper.
When I use the small coil I can do this and the unit runs deep and stable. Just like my first unit. when I use the stock 8" coil, I get great depth as well but targets that are less than 4" deep give an overload signal.
I have not tried the 10.5" coil at this time. but I did notice that if I ground balance and do not set it up a little positive then it is not as bad. My question is, If there something wrong with the detector or coil?
Of is it just a really hot unit?

Tom in SC
Re: CZ6A ??
June 09, 2014 02:00AM
I speculate that ground feedback (from mineralized soil) PLUS shallow target may present a exceptionally strong signal return.
June 09, 2014 02:08AM
thanks tom, that may be the issue because of the way I run the ground balance. Next time out I will perform a standard balance. I will also try the larger coil and see how that goes.

Tom in SC
June 09, 2014 01:13PM
Sort of a catch 22 in mild ground might help setting positive and even set a little negative on saltwater shores but with the unit in hand in your neck of the woods might just set dead on for max performance. Personally feel nothing wrong with your unit in laymans terms...
June 10, 2014 12:37AM
Did fisher not make a LosBanos Cz6a and then make it somewhere else as well? I thought the Los Banos models were hotter and deeper detectors. Maybe I am wrong about this. Mine has always run hot deep and very stable in my ground which runs from medium to very mineralized here in N.C. No accounting for individual coils though which I am sure you know is always a crap shoot from one to the next as to how hot it will be, although all fisher coils that I have tried have been more consistent than most as to quality of build. I still use mine and have a lot of confidence in it for relic, coin, and beach hunting. If you think it is a coil issue I have three sizes and I can let you try one of mine to compare with yours on your machine.just PM me and I will ship it out to you for a test...Stuart
June 10, 2014 01:12AM
Thanks S&R, I have three also. they are just different sizes. The 5" coil runs very stable and deep.

Tom in SC