Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Omega hunt video

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Omega hunt video
July 09, 2014 03:04AM
been out the last couple of days..

Nothing great but man its hot outside the humidity is unreal....80%+

[www.youtube.com]

one thing that has me perplexed...and if you knew the area you would be too...Me and my buddy have worked this spot forever .
Is the brass keyhole...every machine I have ever owned in the last 6 years has been right here...not sure why the T2 with small coil or the F75 with small coil or even the GMP or G2 with Small coil did not dig this...You can never dig iot all...and it was a clean hit to boot all LOL!!!I hunted another half hour in same area without even squeak of high tone ...Detecting is weird...!!

still alot to be said for a Hyper Gain Low freq machine..

Even dug some tiny bucky balls pretty deep away from the house..

Keith
Re: Omega hunt video
July 09, 2014 03:29AM
I don't know how you dig like that Keith...my wrist would be toast or at some point become toast. And I would for sure scratch the relic. I love a good pin pointer but you know how we Calif boys are..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 09, 2014 12:00PM
Ha, right before you mentioned the poison oak, I thought, man, Kieth is in the poison, wonder if he's aware of it.
I think wooded areas like that will always produce. The obstacles always make you move in different directions.....ya can't grid efficiently, if you wanted to. I personally, like to wander in the woods, verses gridding.
Thanks for the video Keith.
July 09, 2014 01:35PM
Nice vid and a pretty sweet brass keyhole.
It amazes me the things that you can still find from one day to the next. Switching coils or machines ect. You just can't get a site cleaned out. I don't know how many times that I thought I had a site pretty clean. Then out of boredom or curiosity I would go back some time later with different machine or coil combo and "bam" you pull another good target or two out and you just set there and wonder how you miss those easy targets.
Corey
July 09, 2014 03:27PM
I was hunting a N.J. years ago and a fellow said to me your coil is so small and the beach is so big how do you expect to find anything.

Factor the swing speed of the coil, direction of the swing and all this equates good finds coming out of beat areas every day.

As far as the Omega a nifty light unit but didn't care for its makeup as felt it was going to destruct on my next swing..typical radio shack build...but again certainly a good unit workwise..
July 10, 2014 08:28PM
Hey Lawrenzo..

Ive tried every digging tool I can think of and thats the only way to cut through my hard dirt easily........hopefull my wrist/elbow/shoulder will survive..LOL!!

Ozzie no poison oak as of yet..actually I have only had it a couple of times in my life....so maybe Im lucky not to be bothered with it..

Must be my skin because mosquitoes dont bother me either....one of my hunting partner's gets tore up by mosquitoes and always says to me guess they would rather have steak than hamburger LOL!!!

I took a newby out last week for a sunday hunt and he said hes not going back till fall...too many bugs he said .LOL..and the heat got to him...

Hey Doc..Yes its always amazing to see a target come out of a site that you have actually worked and worked on in every direction for years...every combo etc..

you know its a fluke because you cant find another target that's not iron to save your life for another 45 minutes..

the manufacturers know this and they play this up to our psyche....there's always the intrigue of finding one more target in a dead hole that keeps us searching and looking for new equipment...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2014 01:50AM by Keith Southern.
July 11, 2014 12:45AM
Hey Keith, I was unable to watch the vid due to bandwith probs, but Im wondering if you are getting better results with the omega, than you would with the f75?
July 11, 2014 02:11AM
Hey Daryl...

I like the F75/T2 S.E's
I lke the G2's/GBpro's
And I like the Omega

all FT machines..

they all run similiar they all fine the same and different targets in a site...

I do like the Omega as an all around unit though...for modern trash and even older sites that I dotn want to chase alot of tin in...

I usually choose a machine as site specific...
densest iron ancient site grab a GMP or DTVG
depth in iron get a T2/F75 with small 5 inch coil.
picking in iron with I.D. a G2 is awesome...
grab and go anywhere hunt anything and compete with a T2 or F75 on depth on mid to high conductors get the 13 ultimate and its a contender on isolated at depth targets..I also actually find the Omega to be deeper on low conductors in my weird dirt than the G2...

jsut different combos for different situations...

but I do like digging High conductors at depth and the Omega can really pull non ferrous targets say 50 cent size and larger at Phenomenal depth...HEAD SCRATCHING DEPTH...

Lots of machines ..cant have just one...

Also the Omega is really great at unmasking.. ...it unmask well especially in nails with small coil or even the 5x10.

Actually I have found the 2 tone mode even though it breaks at 40 to unmask better in dense iron on the newer models than setting it to 1 tone and disc 16 for a nail disc....it does weird things in iron in two tone mode that no other machine I have seen does...

I enjoy the Newer Omegas ! I enjoy alot of machine's..

But again the omega can be Crazy-Controlled DEEEEP on certain targets at unreal depths with the Ultimate or even the Biaxial...but the ultimate goes to another level...

Keith
July 11, 2014 02:34AM
For depth in sparse target areas, I like the Sig, but I'm looking for a "pick thru alum trash" park machine. F75,70 or Omega. Thanks for your imput.
July 11, 2014 03:09AM
Most of the deep silver in parks will be Dimes...

High freqs like aluminum well...

F75 would be hot on the dimes..

Omega can handle aluminum nicely..

Both can have Urban EMI problems.

if I was after say quarters and Halves and up I wuld think the Omega would be a bo brainer

But for the Dimes the F75 S.E. would be deeper on them for sure...

but again funky dirt's etc can skew things..

I know the F75 T2 has a tendancy to call non ferrous itmes ferrous in bad dirt more often than the omega seems to..though the omega does too...

I do Know an Omega with the Ultimate can hold its own with a F75 or T2 in depth even on coin size objects.. although the F75 and T2 S.E.'s have a more saturated audio and SEEM to hit harder than the Modulated Audio of the Omega...

Lots of what if's...

can say anything about the F70.. never had one in my hand's...Some people like the F70 but I would get a F75 before a 70 unless money was an issue..

the ultimate park aluminum hunter would go to the FBS>..

Keith
July 11, 2014 04:35AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most of the deep silver in parks will be Dimes...

Most of the silver anywhere, deep or shallow, will be dimes. You've given me a hankering now to make denomination counts of the silver I've dug,

I almost never watch videos, but I often make an exception for yours, Keith. Always appreciated.
July 12, 2014 12:17AM
Keith, appreciate the response. I never bonded with the explorer I had, and last year I found more park silver with the T2, than the Expl. .I like the fast response of the First Texas machines, also the weight and ergonomics of the units. I ordered a 70 today, with the 11" and 5". Money could be an issue. Yesterday my service van started leaving 6" puddles of oil everywhere I parked . Rear engine seal going, truck only has 321,000 miles on it. They don't build them like they used to, LOL. ( 7.3 powerstroke.)