Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

a non deus post - CZ questions

Posted by Rod-PA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
a non deus post - CZ questions
September 02, 2014 07:53PM
over the weekend I met Ozzie at a field near both of us. I did enjoy watch him avoiding geese, 8 acres of goose poop, and a stogie smoking old farmer mowing his field while we were in it. Finds were pretty slim.

I was using my converted cz6a, and for experimentation purposes, he got out his cz3d at one point. When we were in close proximity, and he turned his on, we both received steady beeping etc. I have seen on here and he already knew that multiple CZ's don't hunt together....but what is the actual distance required to not have negative effects. The steady beeping stopped and my unit would pick up targets apparently normally once he was approximately 100 feet away or so, but I assume there would be some negative effects beyond that even though I couldn't hear it. Can anyone shed light on this? There are a few areas I would like to hunt with him that are 1700's sites. As we are both primarily interested in old coins, I would love to use them together if the areas are big enough to just stay far enough away from each other.
Re: a non deus post - CZ questions
September 02, 2014 08:38PM
Don't know the technical answer....but hunting a drained lake with a CZ got an occasional buzz and said to myself someone must be around with a CZ...I then looked up and about a football field away came a woman swinging a CZ....Read several stories rel CZ hunters getting skunked and no depth when hunting with a CZ buddy so heres my feeling if you want to go hunting with me don't take your CZ.
September 02, 2014 09:32PM
Hello, Tom D. is the man to ask. He knows everything there is to know about the cz.
September 02, 2014 10:36PM
Rod, don't forget that barking horse I avoided also. lol.
Not sure if you heard me when we were checking the cz's, I was moving away from you and air testing a dime as we both had the cz's on. I was only getting about 7" on a unit that tests 12" on a clad dime. Apparently we got depth loss from the cross talk. Rod was able to snag a large cent and a wheat. I got a buff with the f-75 and a brass key hole probably from a chest of some sort. The place is loaded with hot rocks that mid tone on the 75.
It was finally nice to meet Rod as we found out we live only a few miles apart. I certainly don't mind using one of my other units, Rod. I can always use the Explorer with noise cancel.
September 03, 2014 12:57AM
CZ's need to be about 120 feet apart from each other!
September 03, 2014 01:29AM
But does it matter which way the wind is blowing?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 03, 2014 10:14PM
I dont know a thing about cz metal detectors but i do know that explorers is deep ones ,they will get the deep silver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2014 10:24PM by skinner.