Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just stumbled into this site!

Posted by CalDave 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just stumbled into this site!
October 13, 2014 12:30AM
Do not know how I've managed to miss this place all these years! I recognize a few of you here. Anyhow, I'm in California, been detecting since around 2000. Mainly relic digging, demos, anywhere I can locate that "Old Dirt!". Occassionally I will hit up school fields, athletic fields, etc, just on the off chance of some jewelry or massive amounts of clad! Even though I've been known to break down & try a different machine every now & then, I am and have been a Troy X5 user since they first came out. What got me here was that I was doing a search on Teknetiks EuroPro, I had purchased one awhile back and to tell the truth... I am pretty amazed at the depth it gets, as well as how "dead on" the VDI numbers have been. I acquired it with the idea of using it at parks, schools, etc... Has more than paid for itself at least 3 times over! Surprised at its simplicity.
Enough rambling, what I am looking for is if any of the users of this machine have actually used it either here out west or back east on the beaches, wet/dry sand? I always use my X5 at the beaches, has done well, but it might be better using a VDI detector.
Really glad to have found this site... I'm sure to be getting some posts up here in the future.
Re: Just stumbled into this site!
October 13, 2014 12:43AM
Hey Dave,whats up?? This is a great forum,learn much here. See ya in a month or so when I get caught up on work. Ray
October 13, 2014 12:57AM
This is a great forum. You have one of the best detectors ever made. (X5)
October 13, 2014 03:53AM
Welcome to the forum ...

Keith
Welcome!
October 13, 2014 04:04AM
Hello, Dave. Look forward to your contributions to this forum. Lots of experience here and willingness to share. It's a good place.
Again, Welcome!

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
October 13, 2014 08:16AM
Hello Dave, glad to have you here.
October 13, 2014 03:24PM
Great forum

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!