Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Starting to learn Iron Man Program (Deus)

Posted by fsdigital12 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Starting to learn Iron Man Program (Deus)
October 31, 2014 10:53PM
Used Keith's Iron Man Program to squeak a V Nickle and a USMC key. Not bad for an hour at a pounded Cellar hole for me!.

I Can post a pic if someone can tell me how.
Re: Starting to learn Iron Man Program (Deus)
October 31, 2014 11:06PM
Sounds awesome...

Glad you like the Ironman program..

Love to hear of success...

once you get more use to the program you will find you can dial the disc back further....I choose the 6.3 disc to help learn the nuance of diferent sizes fo iron... as you get more into the sounds of iron you will find yourself turning it back further and digging by unmasking more good target's...

to post a pic go to photobucket...upload a pic then on the right side of the pic when its loaded you will see links....use the bottom link 4th one down I believe it says "IMG" copy link and past that copied string on this forum in your message and then it will place the pic in your message..very simple...

Hope to see the pic soon...

Keith
October 31, 2014 11:16PM
Thanks Keith, credit to you sir. I also think the 17khz helped a lot. I'm also learning not to even look at the numbers and go strictly by sound. Using the box to setup the machine and that's it.

October 31, 2014 11:43PM
What I've found when running even the 9" coil on deus and reactivity at 3 and 4, sweep speed needs to be real slow. One might even consider trying the minelab wiggle when searching. I had luck finding militia buttons (small) in area loaded with iron using the wiggle method. I may be wrong but it seems you cannot sweep the deus too slow only too fast. If a person is not pulling nonferrous out of heavy iron or nail beds either their machine is not setup right, sweeping too fast, or they don't recognize the reaaaaaaaaal short glint of a higher tone they are getting in the phones. The higher reactivity settings along with a target being tightly jumbled in nails will cut the good tone off. Don't expect those nice long tones on things like small buttons in the iron pits. And yes you will dig some iron chasing signals in iron pits, no matter how good you think you are with your detector.
October 31, 2014 11:58PM
I agree. I was going pretty slow in the heavy iron, both targets pinpointed small and hit solid from both directions. I'll try to make a video next time I'm out to show you what I'm dealing with. Lots of iron and iffy one way hits that sound like non-ferrous, but I was focusing on the more...easy hits first with the program.
November 01, 2014 12:24AM
Nice V Nickle!!!

Whats the date?

Bet theres alot of targets in that spot...

take your time ...great learning will ensue..

do hope you get a video up...

Keith
November 01, 2014 12:25AM
On some of my best small finds in nail pits using deus I did not get a 4 way hit, only a 2 way hit. Some of my finds were tone nonexistent in 3 reactivity but could be heard in 4 reactivity. This was with version 2 with 9 inch coil running in 18khz iron volumne zero. But the key I found was repeatability if only a 2 way hit and the exact same spot on ground. I've never run TX power down to level 1 but in the future I plan to try to see how things go.
When I was hunting in nail bed in reactivty 3 and got what sounded like a squeak I would go to reactivity 2 and 4 to see if signal improved. Hard to tell sometimes if it's depth or iron causing the possible target not to respond as well as needed for digging. A person might want to set up adjacent identical unmasking programs with the only difference being reactivity, heck one might even have one with just the freq upped to say 12 khz or wth the tx power dropped to level 1. That way with one push of a button you can cross check saving time. The deus is a fun machine. When I use mine I feel like I'm playing the lottery. You never know what you're going to dig. It's so much easier to work the light deus over the spots loaded with iron. One needs a steady arm/hand too. A weighty detector has negative effects when it comes to good uniform coil movement and ideal sweeping distance above the ground. I don't think a lot of folks realize just how sloppy their coil handling becomes as they tire with time when using their detector.
November 01, 2014 12:48AM
I dig some good targets on just the one way hit's....by this I mean Not East to West but just East....

you have to listen but the tone is rounder than what a one way false will be....

but I also have the luxury of target chasing to my hearts content...

and yes valid points.. every machine has the sweetspot sweep speed...and the DEUS' changes as you adjust settings..turn the silencer off to overcome some of the limitations of it...

Keith
November 01, 2014 01:40AM
Love that key!