Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Perpetual lurker has a headphone question

Posted by 1ptr58 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Perpetual lurker has a headphone question
November 19, 2014 05:08AM
I have a large melon. I'm struggling to find that perfect headphone. I tried the grey ghost ultimates and they seriously are painful after 15 minutes. Too tight and hot. Killer B the same. I found the ctx headphones comfy when I had a CTX, but the fold up design made them too "floppy" as I sometimes do the slip one earpiece up thing. What do you big heads use?? Thanks folks.
Re: Perpetual lurker has a headphone question
November 19, 2014 06:16AM
My head is also on the bigger side. I have been using GG Ultimates many years...I'd buy them again when these give up the ghost. lol.
I may be used to "uncomfortable" because of the work I do. Now that you mention it, they do give a little pain after being on for a while. The muffs are torn and needing replacement and the foam is popping out. They are warm in the summer but keep my ears from freezing in the winter. I like the clear and crisp sound of the GG's... and best of all, the mute button. I have no recommendation for you, sorry.
November 19, 2014 10:54AM
Koss UR-30's get my vote
November 19, 2014 02:24PM
I second the Koss UR-30's for both comfort and sound. But they have no volume control and the cord is short. So if you can work around those two things they are nice headphones.

HH
Mike
November 19, 2014 03:57PM
Heck over the years had mucho units but early on after trying several brands settled on 20 buck calrads and never looked back and latest pair has lasted me about 10 yrs with long coily cord and yep have a spare in the trunk. Plenty of headroom comfort and although many say I am missing a lot with cheap headphones. I call them inexpensive and why fix what aint broke...I wish I would have done the same with a particular
metal detector as would be way ahead as spent mucho bucks just on shipping trying them all not to mention the bucks I have lost in the process...
I love my Sun Ray Pro Golds
November 20, 2014 01:19PM
I got the Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones with my F75SE back in January. The only improvement I can think of, that I'd like to see, is for them to be wireless <g>. I find them comfortable, audio is crystal clear, and mucho volume (separate L/R controls). Cord length is sufficient, i.e., better than some, and the leather muffs are very comfortable/durable. The overall build quality is very sturdy, too. Of course, YMMV.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?