Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta CoRe or F75

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta CoRe or F75
November 17, 2014 04:42AM
If you were picking a machine to be a "do it all" machine for relics and occasional coins, which would you pick? From what I have watched on YouTube and read here and other sites...they seem to be pretty close. They even have a similar sound. Right now I'm thinking the CoRe might be the better of the two for handling sites with non ferrous items mixed with iron. But I'm not seeing much in the way of which would handle bad dirt the best. Both have an all metal mode but I noticed the CoRe has a mode just for bad ground conditions and it has me wondering how it would handle the soil here. Any thoughts or insight about the two?

I had a Deus at one time and really enjoyed that machine. It didn't go deep but was fun to use and picked through iron very well. Some reviews say the CoRe is pretty close to the same unmasking capabilities as the Deus. I am hoping someone says the CoRe has that ability...but with better depth that is equal to or close to an F75.
Re: Nokta CoRe or F75
November 17, 2014 05:05AM
Core is a heck of a unit Daniel...

Very EMI Free aslo..

side by side wiht the newest EMI free F75 its as deep as the F75 in BP mode coil for coil in airtest...

in the dirt they fair about the same but twith an added feautre ,, the Core is less lielly topc all a deep good target iron when compared to the F75...

Now the Core can unmask better than the F75 coil for coil ..but stock coil for stock against the DEUS the Deus has a lead...but also rememebr the CoRe has a small coil and can see stuff the DEUS cant see becasue the DEUS does not have a small coil...

Also the CoRe is very sensitive to be on 15khz...Its like a 19Khz machine in that respect but pucnhes better with the lower freq...

really hard to fault the Core....it also has a very good auto track ground bal if need be...also has a very dtable all metal mode sor tof like a MXT instead of a F75....very smooth dep modualted and the I.d. still works...

the large coil in milder dirt really gets deep...

so if you buy one get the Pro pack...1399.00 and dont look back...

P.S. the new FA mode on the f75 can hold its own in unmasking against the best but it does not have the depth the Core has with same size coil...

might come down to what can you get a F75 LTD2 for and then buy a extra large coil for....

I will say unless you are really after the severely masked you might not need the added benefit offered by the small coil on the CoRe...Vs the small coil on the F75 in DE mode ...The FA mode will hold its own remember at a cost of depth.. but in iron depth is not much of an need if it's thick iron...

CoRe is eye opening I must say...it break's the tone at a factory setting but has enough target tone bleed through to unmask Very Very well..

I need to P.M. You Daniel or you P.M. me with some Settings on the GPX 4800 for relics...I have the 5x10 coil as an acessory now...

Keith
November 17, 2014 06:06AM
I was fixing to ask that same question and then ask about v3i vs xp duess. I am trying to choose between the 4. I had an old explorer and now use a shadow 2 I've had for a long time. I like relics and coins. I've read quite abit about everything but the xp. I broke them down in 2 groups for price and complexity. Right now it's between the f 75 se or core. I almost bought a f75 the other day. Is the core that good to reconsider ??? Thanks
November 17, 2014 07:13AM
Wow, good question! I currently have a FORS Gold and am waiting for a latest edition F75 Ltd2. My big question is which to eventually keep, and having used both already that is a very tough question. This is going to sound rather simplistic but it is so close it gets down to details. I like the front facing control panel and extra tone options the F75 offers. It's lighter and has the best feel on my arm of about any detector I ever used. But I do like the overall Nokta package also and the auto ground tracking is a real benefit for me.

I was going to give it a month or two to sort out but at this point the FORS Gold may win by default since the new F75 refuses to show up on my doorstep.
November 17, 2014 01:46PM
Yep this is gonna be a tough one for me.

I'm an all metal hunter for the most part...especially on the F75/T2 platform. In my soil, the F75/T2 has a really bad tendency to read even high conductive objects as iron....just because the ground itself is basically iron. Especially deeper stuff...if you had iron discriminated out, you'd simply walk over A LOT of good stuff and keep on trucking. BUT...at the same time, there are some sites or spots on sites, that even I can't handle the machines to be in all metal. My thing is...I just don't want to dig nails. I don't mind digging iron. There are a lot of good iron targets out there I'd like to find....bayonets, musket parts, gun tools, artillery pieces or shells, etc. I just hate digging nails or pieces of fence wire. So it would be fun to have a mode in the detector that I could turn it on if needed...and be able to cherry pick some goodies from the iron spots.

The F75 coupled with the NEL 12x13 coil was something else. It really brought the machine to life. I have never owned one of the black limited edition ones...I had a camo one when they first came out and had problems with it. In my soil, I never could run it with the boost process on...it just wouldn't ground balance in that mode. It was like the ground signal was too powerful for it. Every few feet it would sound off with a "boing" sound...if you've ever ran the F75 over a negative hot rock, you know the sound. That's what it sounded like all over the place with the camo F75 I had. I could go back to regular modes...no problems. I was one of the first to get the camo one when it came out. Which has me a little weary of the LTD2 version being so new and just coming out. Might want to wait and let them work out any bugs that might show up.

The CoRe just has my interest maybe because it's just something a bit different and I like trying different stuff. But the 75 platform is proven for me. Hard decision.
November 17, 2014 02:11PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's lighter and has the
> best feel on my arm of about any detector I ever
> used.

Ain't that the truth. The F75 does swing amazingly well.
November 17, 2014 03:23PM
Daniel, you would be a perfect fit nugget detecting. Same issues with same kinds of targets in same kind of ground. No depth with accurate discrimination. Should use a PI, but the nails get to be too much. So what VLF will sort it out in a pinch?

All of which is why this nugget hunter hangs out here to see what solutions you guys come up with.
November 17, 2014 04:08PM
Too bad the control module doesn't belt mount. With the weight issue being a concern for me I would go to the F75. The Co RE does have some good features and I like the meter on the handle. Just looks bulky and hvy. to me. If no issue for you I'm sure you would have no problem getting rid of it with this crew. Who services them?
November 17, 2014 04:39PM
Ironically, Fisher is the only company I've had to send detectors back to be serviced smiling smiley Yes...I said "detectorS" as in multiple ones. I did have the battery charger go out on a Whites TDI I used to have, but Whites sent me a brand new charger and extra battery for nothing at all. I had a Fisher ID Excel that I sent back twice...then they sent me a whole new unit. Had to have a 1265-X worked on for going bonkers when you'd turn it on.

The configuration of the CoRe is similar to the Minelab GPX machines. Machines balance very well like that. I expect the CoRe to be very similar to that. I hunted with the GPX for 10 hrs a day for 3 consecutive days in a row...only stopping for bathroom breaks and occasional drinks of water. The rest of the time I was swinging and digging. I can't recall the weight of the GPX off the top of my head but it sure ain't light. It's well balanced though and that makes all the difference.

Steve -- I have done a little gold prospecting but not with a detector. The gold here is very fine...if you find anything "big" here, it would be under half a gram in size. The biggest I've found is .25 gram and that was via panning. We got big into it a few yrs ago and got a dredge and everything. But the year after we got the dredge, they made it illegal to dredge in the state of Tennessee. So that went out the window. All we can do here is pan and sluice boxes. I'd love to give it a go with a detector some time out west. It would be fun just to say I did it.
November 17, 2014 05:13PM
ShovelNose Wrote:
> Too bad the control module doesn't belt mount.
> With the weight issue being a concern for me I
> would go to the F75. The Co RE does have some good
> features and I like the meter on the handle. Just
> looks bulky and hvy. to me. If no issue for you
> I'm sure you would have no problem getting rid of
> it with this crew. Who services them?

Minelab GPX on arm is 5.3 lbs (battery is on harness)
Nokta CoRe and FORS Gold are 4.3 lbs with 4 AA batteries (published specs are incorrect)
Fisher F75 is 3.5 lbs with 4 AA batteries

Both the F75 and Nokta are very well balanced but the F75 has that 0.8 lb weight edge.

Nokta is serviced through Kellyco or through very quick replacement parts direct from Turkey. That may sound crazy but I am talking just a few days to get stuff prepaid and direct from Istanbul. Obviously though Fisher has better positioning on the service end.

I kind of use my VLF detectors in all metal as light weight alternatives to heavier PI detectors with discrimination as an added bonus. I would really like to run that big Nokta coil against the F75 with a larger coil for depth on something like a US nickel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2014 05:15PM by Steve Herschbach.
November 17, 2014 06:19PM
I like the control layouts fo the F75 sinced its all right there in front of you........

Yet the Core does look the business...And its very strudy..the handly has no wobble...I would like to order that handle and hook it to the GPX..I think it can be done...with the added bonus of a flashlight...Dont dismiss the light.. Ithought it was gimmicky at first... far from it......One of my favorite feautures since it gets dark so early this time of year....I hunt till 8PM some evenings with it ...and the battery life is unreal on the CoRe...

And steve is right I have had a couple of issues with Noktas ...Nothing major....but they shiped me the replacement parts from Turkey ...in 2 days airmail....UNREAL.they will help you all they can.. very curtious ...

Still think its the most sensitive 15khz machine I've ever ran...

Keith
November 19, 2014 04:13PM
What about this Makro CF77 machine? Looks a lot like the CoRe except it doesn't have an ID.
November 19, 2014 06:08PM
I think the Makro 77 is more along the lines of the Velox one...

for unmasking the CoRe is a step up..

Keith
November 20, 2014 08:11PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> Wow, good question! I currently have a FORS Gold
> and am waiting for a latest edition F75 Ltd2. My
> big question is which to eventually keep, and
> having used both already that is a very tough
> question. This is going to sound rather simplistic
> but it is so close it gets down to details. I like
> the front facing control panel and extra tone
> options the F75 offers. It's lighter and has the
> best feel on my arm of about any detector I ever
> used. But I do like the overall Nokta package also
> and the auto ground tracking is a real benefit for
> me.
>
> I was going to give it a month or two to sort out
> but at this point the FORS Gold may win by default
> since the new F75 refuses to show up on my
> doorstep.

And the winner is... the Nokta FORS Gold! I thought I had a new F75 heading my way but I was mistaken. So the Nokta is going to be the VLF I use most for anything but in town turf hunting. Namely gold prospecting, old cabin sites, and ghost towns. I am weeding my bloated detector collection down to only six core units and the Nokta is one of the survivors.
November 21, 2014 08:57AM
hi there Steve
-appreciate very much your comments and tips on detectors while wondering ,are you going to part with your trusty old MXT?
My wife and I use ours as the main workhorse both for on-ground and in-ground hunting with some sort of success...
Still unable to part with the 6a and the XS I think maybe the Noktas seem to have something going with the way
they have pushed performance in the small coil depatment.
trond
November 21, 2014 11:19AM
Last time I used an MXT was October 2010. Ironically, I ditched it for the F75.

I always wanted an MXT that had manual ground balance in addition to tracking or locked. Like the GMT. Sadly, White's went the other way with the MX5 being in tracking only.
November 21, 2014 03:55PM
The on again off again saga of my F75 deal is on again, and so looks like I will indeed be packing both a FORS Gold and F75 LTD2 around together in the near future. Be interesting to see how it sorts out but I am in no rush in that regard. I am liking the F75 a bit more for grab and go and the Nokta is likely to see use more with the big coil due to the better center of balance it has in that regard.
November 22, 2014 05:46AM
thanks for the answer Steve
-my follow up question goes like this ; when comparing MXT and CoRe which are the better considering the fact that both are
iron carpet "pickers" with small coils......
We us the slim lightweight Hotfoot for shallow hunting and the Shooter for deeper objects as this seem to work fine for our type
of hunting here in Norway.
trond
November 22, 2014 07:05PM
Since I have not used an MXT in four years and am not a person that spends much time in iron carpets Keith is better equipped to answer that question. Keith has a high opinion of the Nokta with small coil on one hand, but on the other hand he just sold it. The Nokta units have a more limited feature set than an MXT and I am not sure any difference in performance would be worth trading horses. There is a lot to be said for using detectors you are familiar with and have had success with.
November 22, 2014 07:31PM
I can answer what I can...

the Fors CoRe gives you alot for the money...especially build wise and you get 3 coils in the pro pack..

I like that 4.5x5.3 out of round small coil..it unmask really really well in thick nails....Yet at the same time it is usually seing the smallest of objects in iron....so it can at times be a cumbersome to dig small pieces of lead and such.. but it is targets that hardly any other machine can see..

That's the one thing about the whole platform I notice....even with stock coil it loves tiny objects....

Now you are asking about the MXT with im guessing the 4x6 DD against the Nokta Core with small coil...the Nockta will see smaller non ferrous in iron in sure of that.But the MXT is no slouch in iron.. and you ahve to remember the MXT can break tone by disc seting...Big plus for the MXT... you would think after more than a Decade other manufacturers would follow suit..

Now the Nokta is more Ergonomic to swing and has some handy features too boot...the MXT is heavy but has a long track record of durability...buy one today and chances are good you can run the dog out of it and it will still be running in a decade with no issues..

Now I am sort of Biased towards a MXT in it has netted me some great finds...And I will say it like this put time on the MXT and Know what it tells you and use the small coil in iron and investigate signals and it will be right there with the top performers...its more about skill level than the machine doing the work for you on the MXT...The Nokta is a little easier to get the targets out of iron and its alot like the MXT... a true workhorse unit.....But would I give a MXT up to use the Nokta ???? Unless your just looking for a change and like the feel of the MXT I dotn think alot of diffference will be noticed in end of days finds in iron IF you know how to get the most out of the MXT..

Now if you have alot of mineral the CoRe does seem to I.D. ferrous or non ferrous better than alot of VLF's in same dirt..

You Know whats funny the more machines I use the more I notice that the best unmasking Ive ever had and still happens to this day is with a Tesoro Tejon and 5.75 concentric coil...its noisy as a can of rocks but if you now the sounds its as good as anything made in unmasking...but it takes a trained ear...Good back and sharp digger...LOL!!

Keith
November 22, 2014 11:10PM
For what it's worth, I am pretty sure I am going with the new F 75. I like the way the CoRe looks but the price is what scares me away. $1,400 is a lot to lay down for a machine that only a few people in the US have ever seen or used. I realize the cost includes 3 coils but from what I saw in videos of the 12x13 coil, I was not impressed. I know that the F75 with the 12x13 NEL gets incredible depth for a VLF. The thing is...I rarely hunt old home sites or iron infested places. So all I really need is a machine with good depth. The F75 has the depth and if I encounter a thick iron spot, with the new fast mode, I can just hop it over into that and do the best I can with what I have.
November 22, 2014 11:58PM
Tell you what Danial I will get the NEL 12' x13' for my F75 and compare to the Nokta and let you know, and also to the 13.3” x 15.5” on the Nokta. I also am ultimately looking for max depth.
November 23, 2014 12:33AM
I ordered the f75 se today. Should come in next week. Guess I'll send it straight to the factory for a update. Read a post from Tom D. about running low discrim and helped me understand the depth you lose using it. Anyway took the shadow 2 out for a farewell to a pretty old elementary school near some troop activity and on my 5th target dug an small eagle button. Only because of low discrim. It wasn't that deep prob 3" but I would have missed it if I hunted the way I usually do. Any tips on cleaning buttons? Did I see soak in olive oil. Can't wait for the f75 thanks for all the input.

Brian
November 23, 2014 04:17PM
Steve and Keith,thanks a lot for enlightening my day..........(4*c and light drizzle )
-when you mentioned the Tesoro Keith you made me spin back along Memory Lane
to the early Quicksilver days and those very special three ways silver/iron "please pick me up"signals
-they still linger in my ears...........
trond
November 23, 2014 07:12PM
Daniel have you ordered the new F75SE2? No being nosy. Not at all. I am a hairbreadth away from ordering one myself. Along with that aftermarket coil you mentioned. (12x13 NEL coil). Happy Thanksgiving,.....kevin
November 23, 2014 07:42PM
Kevin -- I've not bought anything yet. Our Christmas bonus from work is coming, but not here yet. Supposed to be given to us in early December. So I'm holding off til at least then. Maybe by then, more people will get their updated F75s back and give some reports on them. I noticed a lot of guys reporting on some forums that they haven't noticed much of a difference in the EMI mode. But there are some that said it made a big difference. Everybody is pleased with the new components they put on their machines...most everyone that had the update done, said their machine came back practically brand new. Haven't really saw any reports on people using the FA mode yet.

Still not ruled the CoRe out. I'm gonna wait on Don to get some of the new Fishers in at his shop and ride down to give it the once over. I have no way of handling a CoRe before I decide to buy though. Wish I could though.
November 23, 2014 08:46PM
I appreciate the reply, Daniel. Happy Thanksgiving.
November 23, 2014 11:29PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Kevin -- I've not bought anything yet. Our
> Christmas bonus from work is coming, but not here
> yet. Supposed to be given to us in early
> December. So I'm holding off til at least then.
> Maybe by then, more people will get their updated
> F75s back and give some reports on them. I
> noticed a lot of guys reporting on some forums
> that they haven't noticed much of a difference in
> the EMI mode. But there are some that said it
> made a big difference. Everybody is pleased with
> the new components they put on their
> machines...most everyone that had the update done,
> said their machine came back practically brand
> new. Haven't really saw any reports on people
> using the FA mode yet.
>