Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Took Deus with 11" coil for a spin

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Took Deus with 11" coil for a spin
November 28, 2014 09:49PM
This was my 2nd hunt with the 11 inch coil. I like it. Went to an area I'd hit pretty hard with CTX and F75se. Pulled 2 nickels(1 a 43 war nickel) and a wheat penny. The deus is a special detector to me. What I like about it besides the ergonomics is while you're sweeping if you listen you will hear the tone start building up and then gradually fall. Sorta like all metal but in disc mode. The war nickel was around 9 inches and sang out loud and clear flashing 82 thru 85 on every sweep right up till I took dirt off the top of it then it read 97 with a weak tone. Settings were 12khz, reactivity 1 silencer -1, sens 91, 2 tone with break set at 30, audio resp 4. We have some nice detecting weather coming over the next week here in Tn. Will put the deus with 11 inch coil thru a few paces and just maybe do a few comparisons with my other deus with 9 inch coil and maybe throw the CTX in the mix as well. The engineers behind the scenes at XP definitely have put together a worthy detector. I wonder which detector company will be next to develop such a compact, yet efficient detector, wireless mind you.
Re: Took Deus with 11" coil for a spin
November 29, 2014 05:27AM
Most the Euro machines give the feel of running all metal with disc...

DEEPTECH
DEUS
Nokta Velox one
GMP

glad you found some targets!!

Keith