Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I DON'T SEE ANY "NOX" DIGGIN WHAT MY OBSOLETE MXT PRO DUG TODAY!! grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I DON'T SEE ANY "NOX" DIGGIN WHAT MY OBSOLETE MXT PRO DUG TODAY!! grinning smiley
March 03, 2018 02:08AM
Went relic hunting today with my "obsolete" MXT Pro and 10" coil on a site I've pounded in the past with several units. Musky, CZ6a, F19, Deus, CTX, FR, AT Pro, Impact, and maybe one or two I'm forgetting at the moment but none of them ever gave me a clue to dig this relic! I've dug sword swivels and Eagle buttons here, coins galore (shield nickel, injuns, largies, tokens, etc) as well as tons of suspender clips, toe taps, dress & coat buttons, reeds, shoe buckles, a 1850s/60s cinch buckle for a horse/saddle rig, and more thumbs down

I ran relic mixed mode today (all metal and disc 2 tone running in unison) with gain nearly maxed and a slight threshold hummin away.

After diggin a few targets about 20 minutes in I got one of those classic soft, deep, smooth, round sounding hits that only an MXT user knows what I mean using mixed mode where it's a combo of that AM hit with a slight goose honk high tone from the disc side but very faint thumbs down

I dug and dug and dug and almost gave up but it sounded way too good to just give up on and after about 10 minutes at ELBOW deep out popped one of the BEST relics I've ever dug! At 1st I thought it was just a plain Jane which I haven't dug one this size/big since the 1980s but once I got her home and cleaned up (rinsed and a light brushing with a soft brass brush) = that's when I knew I had something special! Just wish I didn't brush it now because the patina is uneven now confused smiley

Pictures tell the story/the rest is history grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 02:22AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: I DON'T SEE ANY "NOX" DIGGIN WHAT MY OBSOLETE MXT PRO DUG TODAY!! grinning smiley
March 03, 2018 02:13AM
Nice finds!
Re: I DON'T SEE ANY "NOX" DIGGIN WHAT MY OBSOLETE MXT PRO DUG TODAY!! grinning smiley
March 03, 2018 02:13AM
Dang Wayne Big time Nice!!!!

Looks like a Centennial Bell!!

I've always wanted to dig one of those Big brass bells with a Eagle...I've seen them here and there over the years..mostly never dug...Look sliek youve beat me to another Bucket lister!!!

at least you got it ..I know it was a rush!!

LUCKY DOG!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 03, 2018 02:21AM
Nice!
March 03, 2018 02:22AM
Ya, that Bell is Bad A$$!.. Pretty neat suspender buckle too..
Nice hunt!

Bryan
MY OBSOLETE MXT PRO
March 03, 2018 02:25AM
Dang, Now that's a sweet looking bell. Very nice find. Gotta love that obsolete MXT Pro finding that obsolete old bell. thumbs down

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
March 03, 2018 03:03AM
Congrats. The bell is stunning. Relics like that amaze me.

Something about that MXT when the gain is in the red. Once a hunter knows how to listen running that way, amazing things happen.

Also proves just how potent relic mode is when running mixed mode.
March 03, 2018 03:13AM
Bazinga! Well done!

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 03, 2018 03:57AM
Like the suspender buckles, BUT THAT BELL IS INCREDIBLE smileys with beer

That bell almost looks like it's made of silver?

Congrats Wayne, man that's a hard relic to beat, going to look great in your man cave thumbs down
March 03, 2018 04:01AM
Nice finds and a breath of fresh air by getting away from all these foreign made machines...made in America is Great Again.
March 03, 2018 05:34AM
American made does it again! Very Nice.
March 03, 2018 06:51AM
Wow the bell is amazing congrats
March 03, 2018 08:33AM
Nice finds there, that's the beauty of ploughed fields, they keep producing as the plough is a better unmasker than any detector!
March 03, 2018 11:47AM
Good God Wayne! Got to love the MXT. Excellent find my friend. A good MXT will always be part of my arsenal.
March 03, 2018 12:33PM
Great finds----and the bell is Awesome!!!! It dodged the plow all those years just waitin' for Big Wayne and his obsolete MXT !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 12:35PM by doc holiday.
March 03, 2018 12:35PM
Really nice finds, but that Bell is outstanding. Kind of nice to see some actual good targets. HH jim tn
March 03, 2018 01:17PM
Wow! what a cool find, that bell...
March 03, 2018 01:32PM
Incredible! Well done!!

Dean
March 03, 2018 02:16PM
WOW. awesome finds!
March 03, 2018 02:29PM
I love the bell !
March 03, 2018 02:42PM
Very nice find, congrats.
March 03, 2018 02:46PM
My that's a big one.
March 03, 2018 03:17PM

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Dang Wayne Big time Nice!!!!

Looks like a Centennial Bell!!

I've always wanted to dig one of those Big brass bells with a Eagle...I've seen them here and there over the years..mostly never dug...Looks like you've beat me to another Bucket lister!!!

at least you got it ..I know it was a rush!!

LUCKY DOG!!

Keith

Thanks Keith! I never seen a bell with an eagle on it before but the centennial thing makes sense = it just has that 1870s patriotic look to it thumbs down

therover61 Wrote:

Congrats. The bell is stunning. Relics like that amaze me.

Something about that MXT when the gain is in the red. Once a hunter knows how to listen running that way, amazing things happen.

Also proves just how potent relic mode is when running mixed mode.

Thanks Rover1

you nailed it - push that gain into the red in mixed mode, disc set at nail break and it's unbelievably deep!

Cal_cobra Wrote:

Like the suspender buckles, BUT THAT BELL IS INCREDIBLE smileys with beer

That bell almost looks like it's made of silver?

Congrats Wayne, man that's a hard relic to beat, going to look great in your man cave thumbs down

Thanks Brian, it's made of brass but yeah, it's gonna look good on display smiling smiley

Hombre Wrote:

Nice finds and a breath of fresh air by getting away from all these foreign made machines...made in America is Great Again.

Hombre

all I got to say to that is - "USA USA USA " grinning smiley

ghound Wrote:

Nice finds there, that's the beauty of ploughed fields, they keep producing as the plough is a better unmasker than any detector!

Gotta love hunting ploughed (or plowed!) fields ghound - they just keep on giving thumbs down

Welgund Wrote:

Good God Wayne! Got to love the MXT. Excellent find my friend. A good MXT will always be part of my arsenal.

LoL thanks Welgund and I agree - nothing like a good MXT at hand when needed or when you just want to go old skool on a site!

doc holiday Wrote:

Great finds----and the bell is Awesome!!!! It dodged the plow all those years just waitin' for Big Wayne and his obsolete MXT !!

You're funny Doc

thanks!

And thanks Ozzie, Harold, EPL II and everyone else for all of your comments too thumbs down

My buddy and I are going to a new permission tomorrow (Sunday) and I'll let you'all know how that goes/stay tuned smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 03:27PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
March 03, 2018 03:34PM
Super nice bunch of finds! I love my MXT Pro!

tabman
March 03, 2018 04:08PM
Wayne all I can say is WOW what a awesome find!! Congrats buddy!!
March 03, 2018 04:41PM
Thank goodness we can put it to rest now. Its not the man or the field its the American made machine.
This should put an end to all the poop flinging in the monkey cage.
Frankly, it was starting to get a bit tiresome.
Outrageously awesome finds!
Must be time to dust off the TDI!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 03, 2018 06:03PM
Cool beans my friend!!!!!!!! Contact me for my address where to send that bell!!!!!!thumbs down
March 03, 2018 07:51PM

Tabman wrote:
-----------------------------------------

Super nice bunch of finds! I love my MXT Pro!

tabman

Thanks Tabman

I'm with you on the MXT love - not many units out there that are on it's level of proven performance thumbs down

88junior wrote:

Wayne all I can say is WOW what a awesome find!! Congrats buddy!!

Thanks Morgan!

Pasttom wrote:

Thank goodness we can put it to rest now. Its not the man or the field its the American made machine.
This should put an end to all the poop flinging in the monkey cage.

LoL

I doubt it Tom but thanks for the comment/s!

D&P-OR wrote:
------------------------------------------

Cool beans my friend!!!!!!!! Contact me for my address where to send that bell!!!!!!thumbs down

Funny Del eye rolling smiley

I think I wanna keep this one!
March 04, 2018 02:28AM
Awesome digs. I believe your post cured my nervous twitch. thumbs down
March 04, 2018 07:05AM
That bell is beyond epic! Pays to chase those deep bits.
Ive always loved my MrBill IDX, its the only Whites Ive used so far.
With all the great things I’ve heard and seen I’m gonna have to
give an MXT a shot someday.