Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Oh, no, Deus again (static all metal mode set as pinpoint)

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Oh, no, Deus again (static all metal mode set as pinpoint)
December 14, 2014 04:07PM
Apologies to those sick and tired of Deus posts <g>, but when questions arise, what's one to do?

I see very little here and elsewhere about use of the Deus in all metal mode. Is nobody hunting with it? I've cycled through the various static modes for all of about 3 minutes. Read this morning about them in Andy Sabisch Deus book and am ready to try them some more. I really don't see why I can't select the static audio disc mode or static a.m. mode as my "pinpoint" mode of choice and not only pinpoint with it, but also switch to it at times to double check faint or iffy signals or when underbrush interferes with keeping coil in smooth motion. With the static audio disc mode, there are high (nonferrous) and low (ferrous) tones. With the static all metal mode, there is no discrim. filtering, so could possibly achieve greater depth; but there is only one tone (threshold).

If anyone has already done this, I'd like to hear what your results/impressions have been. If this post leads to anyone else trying it, I'd like to hear what results/impressions you have after trying it.
Thanks.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Oh, no, Deus again (static all metal mode set as pinpoint)
December 14, 2014 04:17PM
To be honest with you I just never took the time to try and learn those modes. I know they have changed since the Deus was updated to version three. Those modes were one reason I was considering going to Andy's Deus camp. I do believe they hold some value and would be useful at certain times. I would really like to see someone chime in that has figured those modes out. I surf a number of forums, but I never see them talked about.
December 14, 2014 05:21PM
Static all metal mode is tough to keep tuned especially in trash...it will drive you bonkers after a few minutes..

Keith
December 14, 2014 10:19PM
I've been using the number 10 gold program as its an all metal mode and I like it alot.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie