Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

? for Keith Southern

Posted by BamaJoe 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
? for Keith Southern
December 14, 2014 12:44AM
Keith, I've been reading your post and watching videos on the new F75. Here in central Alabama we have some pretty bad soil, not sure how it compares to yours, anyway I like to coin hunt and have been thinking about trying a different machine. I have a CTX3030 and an E-trac. Since they do about the same things, I've thought about selling one and buying something that detects different than the other. I've never had a Deus or F75 but I think both may be faster and maybe deeper. The videos of the F75 look impressive to me.If your dirt is about the same as mine I don't thing my minelabs would hit that dime at 10" in my soil. Matter of fact it wont in my soil. My question is can you give me a comparison between your new F75 and the newest version Deus as far as speed (unmasking), and depth in bad soil, stability at high sensitivity and anything helpful. Thanks for any and all input.
Re: ? for Keith Southern
December 14, 2014 06:18PM
Hey Joe...

Yes if you have a 3030 I see no need for a etrac....

You ask about my sooil...and since you did I grabbed an explorer and went to the test garden to make an accurate statement...

wide open screen 32 sens conduct then ferrous I could not get the 10 inch dime....the ground was over powering the signal...This was using the 10x12 SEF..

The DEUS can not get the 10 Inch dime unless I off set ground bal but then the dirt is too noisy to be of effect for real world hunts....

But since you have the 3030 with ground balancing ability the depth is decent to good in bad soil...

the DEUS Vs F75 would be more of a battle for unmasking since the DEUS does nto have a BP mode it will not be as powerful as a F75..

and the DEUS when staying styock coil to stock coils will be a clear winer in unmasking if you are really trying to push the units...it may not ne as obvious when not pushing them....BUT the DEUS does not have a small coil..If it gets one I think new areas will reopen to hunt after you have it searched with the 9 inch on the DEUS....

All that said if you have the CTX then a DEUS would be a 180 degree compliment for it....But I do want to stress on the CTX if you add the 6 inch coil and use some out of box techniques like conduct only,,, smooth tones and listen for the lowest of tones in iron you will find some hard won low conductors in iron also...

If I could opnly have one unit and thats it and Ive thought about it long and hard it woudl have to be a CTX...But I dotn have one machine and I use a few others to meet my needs...

theres alot of great machies pon e the market some have stronegr pointsd than others like the DEUS in iron or the F75 in raw power or the CTX in mineral I.D. ability etc...but any one fo these machioens can go oput and make you some great finds if you spned time really getting down to the brass tacks and learnign them and having a understanding of what happens when and where settings and soil and other things may make things sound like a dont dig me signal yet it is a dig me signal....

Thats 80% of the success rate with detectors...figuring out how to learn things other users ignore..

Keith