Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just imagine if XP...........

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just imagine if XP...........
December 24, 2014 12:02AM
when the Deus eventually reaches it's limitations through updates, decides to build just a far greater performing set of coils that are in fact able to be paired with the existing headphones and control heads. A whole better performing detector for say an additional $4-$500. This wireless XP setup in conjunction with each unit having it's own power source does open up new avenues for future advanced performance. I wonder if the thought has ever crossed their minds!!
Re: Just imagine if XP...........
December 24, 2014 01:11AM
That is one of the main things that intrigues me about the Deus...the ability to stay "current" with updates that can be available. One can actually grow with the unit via updates.

Charles
December 24, 2014 02:51AM
I want to buy a rod and coil, but have it detect through an App on my smart phone. The darn phone I am using now has vast computing power. Why buy another computer?
December 24, 2014 03:25AM
Yeah Goodmore,
My brother feels the same way. If I could get cell phone service in these here Tn hills and hollers I might be willing to go the route also.
December 24, 2014 03:02PM
A couple years ago I went on a bicycle trip through the PA Grand Canyon. It offers about 40 miles one way of the best PA has to offer in the great outdoors. One day up and the next day back. I was with four other guys. You should have seen these guys going through withdrawl pains of no cell service. Didn't mean to change the topic, but your hills and hollers made me think of it.
December 24, 2014 03:53PM
One problem with the smart phone detector idea is that it lacks a dedicated, low latency radio to link to a Deus type coil/detector unit. Latency is time lag. Bluetooth has too much lag from transmit to recieve to signal sharply the transition in coil response. It would result in your swinging the coil over a target and hearing the response a half or whole coil width later.

There are dedicated radio sets which are used in products like the V3i, CTX and Deus to provide low latency links.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 24, 2014 04:40PM
The smart phone idea I would think is a long way off I think what they have and are doing to do software updates is more then anyone else is doing....I'm happy so far and don't want to use my phone the unit already looks like a smart phone small and can fit in your shirt or pant pocket...SWEET

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!