Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey U.K. members

Posted by deathray 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey U.K. members
January 03, 2015 04:11AM
Any of yall live/hunt in Wales? Wife n daughter are fixated lately on visiting Wales. I told them only way I will go is if I can detect! Nothing personsl,looks like beautiful country, but If I vacation,usually want either tropics and/or killer fishing or detecting. Ray
Re: Hey U.K. members
January 03, 2015 10:50AM
try detectingwales.com forum . join up and sign up for one of their regular digs when you arrive

Lincolnshire is the best county to detect as the fields are full of finds

wales is a very scenic area full of ancient castles on the border with england .lot of conflicts in the past so finds are about

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 11:26AM by diggers.
January 03, 2015 03:17PM
what i would plan ,is , fly into Birmingham Int ' airport then base yourself at Hereford or Ludlow ,both ancient towns with plenty for the family to do whilst you go out tekting .
then you can drive to places like Monmouth , Ross on Wye , Shrewsbury ,and even do Shakespears birth place as well . no need to head to Cardiff or the big sprawling Welsh towns ,better to stay on the border towns as more places of interest .Ludlow is a particularly interesting town with ancient castle and quaint streets with old buildings
January 03, 2015 03:28PM
Hey thank you very much for the info gentlemen! If my girls are serious and keep bugging me, I will start getting serious on looking into those areas. Thanks again!