Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Im letting go of my 5900 (SOLD)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Im letting go of my 5900 (SOLD)
January 04, 2015 02:28AM
If anyone wants a cream puff they better act quick...hard to find opne this nice and excellent running..

If you enjoy all metal mode hunting this is tops....And very very accurate i.d. maybe the best yet..
Its just not getting used so needs someone who can run it for the next 20+ years...

Has the 950 donut ...its a 2002 model....

[www.treasureclassifieds.com]

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 11:45PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Im letting go of my 5900
January 04, 2015 03:32AM
Hi Keith,

You mentioned in your add that it is a 5900 CB, does it say that inside the battery lid on the sticker near the serial number? That is the easy way to tell if you have the latest and greatest 5900 Di Pro SL. If so, it is a very rare model and worth hanging on to, mine has nabbed some very deep coins and jewelry in the G.E.B. Disc mode.
January 04, 2015 04:28AM
Actually the CBs started in the early 90s and the placed it on the serial number but after awhile they went to a different serial number layout and the designation was dropped of the serial number tag....

Basically CB means composite board...the earlier 5900's with Signal balance on the front of the box next to the coil connector and the VDI power switch had issues with some of the boards separating over time...Whites in the early 90s went to the newer COMPOSITE BOARD and no separating to date...

This is one here is one of the last ones Built...by the date code...I believe they stopped in late 02 early 03??Hard to rememebr without looking it up..its a very good unit ..The true workhorse...

Thought I would give someone a chance on the cheap....I just use the 5900 in all metal but the lastest F75 has such smooth all metal I can get by with it..

if it does not sell no biggie...still a classic...

thanks for the info!
Keith
January 04, 2015 04:48AM
Hi Keith,

Mine was made in 1994 according to the first 4 serial numbers on the white sticker inside of the battery door, it also says "5900 CB". I also have the serial numbered original packing box that says 5900/ Di Pro SL CB. Mine ain't for sale, I use it in more open areas and for covering some wide open expansive areas for scouting purposes, it's a dynamite Park machine.
January 04, 2015 04:53AM
Man that is tempting. I wish I didn't have too many to use already.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
January 04, 2015 01:55PM
PM sent. I'll take it if you still got it.
Re: Im letting go of my 5900 (SOLD)
January 06, 2015 02:23AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If anyone wants a cream puff they better act
> quick...hard to find opne this nice and excellent
> running..
>
> If you enjoy all metal mode hunting this is
> tops....And very very accurate i.d. maybe the best
> yet..
> Its just not getting used so needs someone who can
> run it for the next 20+ years...
>
> Has the 950 donut ...its a 2002 model....
>
>
> [www.treasureclassifieds.com]
> /extremely-nice-whites-5900-di-pro-sl-cb_i1044
>
> Keith

Like MY XL-PRO this has that '' dead nuts'' Analog meter. When it locks on Quarter it's a Quarter!
January 06, 2015 09:56PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PM sent. I'll take it if you still got it.

Hey Daniel, Just for kicks take it out with your F-75 and compare all metal modes and see which is deeper. A guy on the other forum had a XL-PRO and a F-75 and compared all metal modes and said the XL-PRO was just as deep. I wonder if the 5900 would be even deeper with the Manuel Ground balance?
January 07, 2015 02:19PM
Harold -- Will do. My F75 is currently in Texas at the Fisher repair center. When it gets back I will run it through and see what's what.
January 07, 2015 11:28PM
Thanks.