Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Poll: Handle wrap

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Poll: Handle wrap
January 09, 2015 09:38PM
I went to Wal Mart and purchased a bicycle handle wrap the other night. It now resides on my G2. The stuff looked like a roll looked like a roll of black tape and is rubbery. It has an adhesive strip going down through the middle. So far, it seems to be working okay. I would prefer a leathery feel......like the stuff that some of us used to wrap around our steering wheels and then secure it with the plastic string that was also wound over the leather stuff. Anyway:
If you DO use a "wrap" around your metal detectors handle.......what do you prefer? I just cannot abide the factory foam handles. They get dirty quickly.....and are difficult to get clean (although I have found a way to clean them. Like this: I take a piece of clear shipping tape and wrap around the handle and then unwrap it. It removes the majority of dust and stuff. I then use denatured alcohol.
One thing that I loved about the Deus is the handle. The material felt good in the hand. And cleaned easily. What do y'all use???? Thanks for any feedback.
PS: I went scouting for a new place to hunt today (it's cooooold outdoors!!) and found a good one!!! And the hay has been cut and there is only about an inch of stubble. Bermuda grass stubble!!! Soft stuff! And I have permission from the farmer. (which should go without saying.....) So.....tomorrow....it's supposed to get up in the mid 30's. But, God willing.....I'll be there. With several new 9v batteries. (The G2 eats them like M&M's)
(I can't seem to make a post without telling my life story.....sorry....lol)
Re: Poll: Handle wrap
January 09, 2015 09:58PM
I don't use wrap but one could put a layer or 2 of tennis racket tape over the new foam. Could be changed out ever so often as needed. Would keep the original material lookin good.
January 09, 2015 10:05PM
McNett Camo Form Self-Cling Camouflage Wrap.....can be bought on the bay fairly cheap and there's enough to do the entire shaft. Used it on my old g2 and works well.
January 09, 2015 11:58PM
I use the sports wrap stuff you can get at all the box stores for 3 or 4 bucks. It gets dirty but what doesn't and it's easy to cut off and replace plus it provides s terrific grip. First thing I did with the Deus was put a half dozen layers around that skinny little handle to get it to fit my hand better.
January 10, 2015 12:18AM
I use the tennis wrap worked pretty good
January 10, 2015 12:38AM
If you anal about your unit like I am here you go...Should work with most stock grips...put under a real slow faucet and massage with your hands( be careful depending on the unit that you don't get any water in the control box} once clean massage some armor all into the grip....Will look like new and preserve the grip..Again be careful as water and electronics don't mix....real easy with control boxes that detach from the rod..
January 10, 2015 01:51AM
Thanks for every reply!!!! I appreciate it guys!!!!!