Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Control Box & Scuff Cover Improvements

Posted by Steve Herschbach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Control Box & Scuff Cover Improvements
January 10, 2015 03:54AM
I already have a Nokta FORS Gold and I just received a latest update Nokta FORS CoRe control box that will run on the same handle and coil assembly. This is really fantastic because back on October 11th I did a detailed review of the Nokta FORS Gold At that time I noted that I thought the control panel rocker switches were a problem as they would collect dirt and water. I also pointed out the left side mounted control panel would provide some hardship for left handed people.

Nokta responded by almost immediately announcing a special order version for left handed people! Shortly after that they announced the control switches would be upgraded. I have never in my decades of experience working with metal detector manufacturers seen anyone respond so quickly is addressing physical issues with a model already in production. There was nothing wrong or defective. It was just things that could be improved on. It was a rather stunning response and really made me sit up and pay attention to the company even more.

The bottom line is the LCD panel has been redesigned with a sealed touch pad. The power toggle has been replaced with one incorporating a rubber accordian type seal. The plastic cap covering the headphone jack has been replaced with a softer rubber version that seals better. The ground balance tracking rocker, which is in the downside facing protected end has been left as is, which is fine as this is a rarely operated switch anyway.

I also had noted that the coil scuff covers were paper thin and subject to splitting when removed and not likely to last in any case. Nokta sent a couple new scuff covers along with the control box. They are much thicker and either the extra thickness of use of a different plastic mix now has them feeling much tougher, comparable to other good scuff covers on the market.

This really should be nothing worth making a big deal out of except I think most people would agree we have all gotten pretty used to just generally being ignored. People make simple, sensible suggestions, and years go by with no change and no acknowledgement even of the suggestion. We have been told for ages changes like this just are not practical, so live with it. Well, looks like the game is about to change!

Re: Nokta Control Box & Scuff Cover Improvements
January 10, 2015 04:19AM
That is absolutely wonderful! I actually had a very hard time yesterday and today operating the rocker switches on my CoRe in the cold cold weather we are having here. Actually thought I had broke my on off switch but it was just tough operating it in the cold through the plastic cover. Excellent company that we have only dreamed of...............
January 10, 2015 04:22AM
Well it IS nice to see a company so responsive to the end user. Perhaps I can persuade a change too: waterproof your detector down to 200'. Now wouldn't that be something if Nokta actually did that!! Assuming their detectors can handle saltwater with mineralized sand at the same time. If that happened they would be the most amazing company ever. I hope they heard that and take it seriously.
January 10, 2015 04:27AM
Who would of thought...a company that listens and changes things lightning fast!!

Keith
January 10, 2015 06:04PM
I'm waiting for the button on the handle to be moved--seems like it would be awkward to hold the handle with 3 fingers and the distraction of having to be aware of Not pressing the button.
January 10, 2015 07:06PM
That extre mile that some companies go for their customers is a win win situation.
January 10, 2015 07:48PM
They see an opening and are taking the lead while the US is scratching their heads trying to wonder if they can afford to play catch-up and I don't think if they could they would get it right. Things can change really quickly and that is a plus for us.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 10, 2015 09:29PM
First Texas will come out with something very soon I'm sure. They will add curb feelers to a detector and paint it a different color.
January 11, 2015 03:04AM
Hi,,,,this almost makes you want to buy one rather they are good or not.....Does anyone know if this company is selling any stocks?.. if so I'm interested.....Thanks for the unreal info Steve....JJ