Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Proper F75 LTD2

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Proper F75 LTD2
January 09, 2015 03:09PM
Keith and some of you other guys talk about a proper working F75 and I have seen different air test numbers bouncing around.
See where a couple of guys sent theirs in with air test numbers that beat mine by a fair amount so what should be a min.air test numbers.
What little testing I have done I used the following set up.

Sens.-- 99
Disc--0
Process--BP and DE
Tones 3

The manual says that the machine should detect a coin at 15" under good conditions. Not sure what size coin they are referring to. If that is a in ground 15" I would assume that the machine ought to get that in air test.

Thanks
Dwight
Re: Proper F75 LTD2
January 09, 2015 05:04PM
I don't think disc mode was ever an issue. Mama pinpoint bug and weaker all metal. Basically all metal was the same depth at disc BP. No boost to it.
January 09, 2015 05:56PM
Dwight------I asked (Kellyco) that question several years ago when like you, I noted the 15" coin depth in the (standard) F-75 manual..-----They said that was on a quarter & an air test.-----I see it's still in the new F-75 LTD2 manual (page 29)----so, I guess FT hasn't changed their stance on it in that regard.---------DelPac man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith and some of you other guys talk about a
> proper working F75 and I have seen different air
> test numbers bouncing around.
> See where a couple of guys sent theirs in with air
> test numbers that beat mine by a fair amount so
> what should be a min.air test numbers.
> What little testing I have done I used the
> following set up.
>
> Sens.-- 99
> Disc--0
> Process--BP and DE
> Tones 3
>
> The manual says that the machine should detect a
> coin at 15" under good conditions. Not sure what
> size coin they are referring to. If that is a in
> ground 15" I would assume that the machine ought
> to get that in air test.
>
> Thanks
> Dwight
January 09, 2015 07:49PM
Well my CTX gets 11" dime, 12" nickel, and 13" quarter and thats about what I got with my f75 ltd se 2 11-14-14 . I beleive that the f75 should beat those numbers by quite a bit. I have seen Keith with his awesome machine get a 24" nickel, so that should be max depth in my book.
January 10, 2015 11:36AM
Well I am not getting the air test depth you guys are posting so was trying to figure out if it warrants a return or if Fisher will just tell me its good.

I am really only concern with the disc.mode but I am getting a solid two inches less than Beyonder and 4 to 5" less than others have posted.

To you guys that responded thanks for the info.

Pac Man
January 10, 2015 03:28PM
If it's the 11-14-14 version, send it in without question.
January 10, 2015 04:35PM
Its a 12/14/14
January 10, 2015 04:42PM
Hi,,,,hey if its a 12/14/14,,,,then Houston we have a problem..LoL...JJ
January 10, 2015 05:02PM
The main problem with air tests is what constitutes a signal? There is the "that is a target for sure" beep and there is the "it is dead quiet I have perfect hearing and I think I can just possibly imagine I hear a sound" beep. The difference between the two is quite a few inches. I have EMI to deal with so to get a perfect air test I would have to load up and go someplace to do it.

Frankly, my machines never seem to air test as well as stuff I see on the Internet and I almost never dig goodies as deep as what I see other people posting on the Internet. If I was to go by what I see on the Internet all my detectors suck.

I have several makes and models and I just compare them to each other and expect they should be comparable. Do you have any other detectors you can compare to?
January 10, 2015 05:21PM
Steve i only have the CTX with the 11" coil so I have not tried to compare them.

To do the test I went to the back 40 and am at least a 1/2 mile from nearest house and 3 plus miles from town.

I called it max distance when I could not get a repeatable signal from both directions ,I was wearing headphones because the wind was blowing, at any point I got a iron tone I backed off.

Pac Man
January 11, 2015 02:42AM
I will bet dollars to doughnuts that its the coil, can you try a different one?
January 11, 2015 02:38PM
Quote:"The manual says that the machine should detect a [US] coin at 15"

I wondered what coin they had in mind, it never seemed to be specified. One obvious candidate would be a silver dollar, but as that's a poor match frequency-wise to the F75, I wonder if the 1970's cupro-nickel dollar is probably the best one? As I don't have one of these coins, I never got to find out.