Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Back to CW site with Deus

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Back to CW site with Deus
January 20, 2015 03:49AM
Back to the Hartsville TN CW site. Took deus with 11" coil. Had a conversation with landowner. He said site has been hit hard for 40 years. The site is 95 acres. He said ground hasn't been plowed or tilled in 15 years. I took pic of finds but can't upload until tomorrow, can't find my cable to get pic out of camera. Hunted 7 hours straight. Ran into this gent who's been hunting the site for 9 years. He told me he used to do good at the site but starting 3 years ago site had dried up. A good day now is 1 nonferrous find. I had been detecting for about 1.5 hours when he showed up. He had never seen a deus before. I told him a little about it. Then we both commenced detecting. This gent couldn't believe what he was seeing. I dug 5 good targets in no time. I let him come over to a few of them and let him sweep his detector. He said he couldn't hear a thing or iron. He also couldn't believe how fast I could sweep and hit the targets. The ole deus is slick alright. One thing I like about it is you can hit a target off center and it will still report, although many times not very good(sometimes sounds like iron), but when you center up the coil over it and vary your sweep, many times it will straighten up and give you the nice mellow high tone begging to be dug. Dirt at site gives half scale on iron meter. Ran reactivity 1 silencer -1 freq 12khz. I believe a setting of 1 reactivity is as low as I can run with the dirt the way it is. Seems like I can hear the targets struggling to get in with the 1 setting, but it works. I did run reactvity 3 silencer -1 18khz in a few patches, I thought sounded rough iron wise, but nothing jumped out. A perfect day weather wise, temp around 59-60, no wind=paradise indeed. will post pic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2015 03:58AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Back to CW site with Deus
January 20, 2015 03:54AM
Hi,,,sounds like you are doing pretty good, looking forward to the pics..........JJ
January 20, 2015 05:12AM
X2 on the pix TN. Sounds like ya had a fun day.
January 20, 2015 04:34PM
I am sure the deus does see through iron and give you a tone where others may get nothing...you have to kind of dig it all but you also will find it all

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!