Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

coil question F75

Posted by basstrackerman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
coil question F75
January 23, 2015 01:52PM
I have the F75se2 and was going to ad a couple coils over stock 11" and 5"... Been looking at the 6.5" and 5x10" fisher coils.. Who uses these? 5x10 is my favorite size.. I like that size and its closed so less snagging .. The nel coils also look good but they dont offer a closed coil in mid size. Also may be looking for a 13" ultimate coil for the open fields i hunt.. The reason i ask is some companies stock coils dont work near as good as aftermarket while others dont offer a good enough advantage to buy aftermarket, give me your thoughts on your favorite coils on this detector.. Thanks
Re: coil question F75
January 23, 2015 02:58PM
Limited use and not sure my F75 has the depth that others or you are getting but here is my findings.
Been to wet to hunt much here so my comments are only from using in my test bed.

My modest test bed consist only of 4 dimes one each at 10',8',7" and one at 6" that is buried on edge slightly tilted.
The 7" dime is a bit of mystery as it is hard to get a reliable/consistant audio or vdi numbers.

The Nel Sharpshooter wil hit and id everything but the 10" which from one direction I can get a tone at times but with a mixture of iron tone.

The 6.5 will hit the 7" with the same results as the Nel on the 10" dime and give you a mixture of mid/high tone. What sort of surprises me is how well it will hit and id the 6" on edge dime from and direction or sweep speed. Does every bit as well as the 5" fisher coil.

I am running DE and SE ,0-disc,90 to 99 sens. The above results can also be obtained with lower sens. and higher disc. settings.

Fe/Co reading .03/2nd bar or less and GB around 55.

Don't own the 5x10" but am really interested to here what others results are.
January 23, 2015 03:19PM
Each coil has its purpose. The best way to determine what coil you need is the conditions you hunt in. More masking, a smaller coil. Lite masking, a larger coil.
January 23, 2015 03:19PM
Thanks pac man ...i am really interested in the 5x10 fisher coil keith gave a good review on it.. Not sure if he still has it tho.
January 23, 2015 03:23PM
Beyonder i understand that winking smiley hunting conditions will call for diff coil choices.. But not all coils are equal.. I know what whites coils i like.. Only the 5x10 due to being closed..other than that i only use sef coils on whites machines.. Think performance more than site conditions winking smiley
January 23, 2015 03:26PM
Im sure that you know this but just to reinforce it. The 6.5 coil is only about 3 1/4 inches wide which is why I am impressed with it.

As info.
January 23, 2015 03:27PM
Yes the shape of that coil has my interest
January 23, 2015 03:39PM
I have the NEL Sharpshooter for my F75se. It's a nice fit in between the 5 inch and 11 inch FT coils.

If you want to try it out let me know....I can send it your way.

John
January 24, 2015 05:37PM
Thanks for the offer. I have read alot of great reports on the nel sharpshooter coil.. I may buy several then sell what i wont use lol.