Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F 75 tones

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F 75 tones
January 25, 2015 03:40PM
I was going to add this as a question on another thread to NASA Tom and Basstrackerman but I felt maybe a lot of you 75 users would like to chime in and share how and when you set up your tones. Here's a short list

Old park
Old house
Field walking
Searching open woods
Civil war Camp site
Schools or any thing else you'd like to share

Brian
Re: F 75 tones
January 25, 2015 05:42PM
Im in the process of comparing 1n and 2L...i like hearing the iron but dont like it screaming.. In 1n mode your iron is silenced but not discriminated out.. But in a iron false situation could the high tone be a false?? I sometimes Check back and forth and seems the 2L mode clears the signals up.. As far as tones i use 3h alot in parks where modern trash is... Otherwise i use 1n,2L or 1 where rusty metal will be.. Best part is the F75se2 is simple and just works..
January 25, 2015 07:49PM
0 disc, 99 sens, 4 tones, mostly bp, sometimes de, for the only thing I hunt...old coins. If I lived near where CW skirmishes took place, I'd be a coin and relic hunter, most definatly.

If emi is present and bad, I will push up the disc to ease it a bit (never past 5, except when using 1 tone in heavy iron disc @6), keeping the sens maxed, don't like lowering the sens and can't bring my self to do it. I hunt through the noise if possible...if not possible, I'll grab the cz.

I haven't sent in my LTD as of yet....waiting on FT to hone their upgrading craft.

Open fields when targets are few and far between....all metal, sens maxed, bp. All metal also in fields when emi is present...less fatigue on the ears. I like AM on the 75 very much.
January 25, 2015 08:00PM
I was hoping to test out 2L mode at an old relicky late 1700's site , but couldn't take the mama buggy pinpoint audio, so the F75 Ltd2 is on the way back to remedy that. Instead I used 3H tones and felt the hunt went well. There's not a ton of iron at this site, so it may, or may not have been advantageous to use 2L. Typically I use 3H almost exclusively, but want to experiment with the 2-tone options when I get my F75 back from FT.