Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

idea for a sticky/special/single use thread - Member BIOs

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
idea for a sticky/special/single use thread - Member BIOs
January 25, 2015 04:12PM
Just wondering how others might feel about perhaps having (if we don't already; I searched (briefly)) a thread specifically, only about biographies (BIOs) of the forum members, where each member can post their bio, in which we describe, however we choose, ourselves to other members. We can be as brief, or detailed as we choose to be in describing our MD activities, machines of choice, family, health, line of work/retirement, age, MD experience, contact info, geographic location, etc. Whatever.

We edit our own bio as we choose; others just read it if and when they want. No other posts to the BIO thread except when someone wants to add theirs.

Seems to me it would be helpful and add to the sense of community we already have here. (I know when I PM another member and we chat privately, I come away, sensing a better understanding/relationship/empathy for that individual. Right JJ? <g>)
Well, if we had the BIOs thread, if I see a post/posts from someone I don't really know, I could look up his bio (if available) and get a better sense of that person.
And if I were looking at BIOs, perhaps I'd see something mentioned (concerning MDing or something else) that I could discuss/take up with that individual.

If you don't like the idea, that's fine, too. I'm just throwin' it out here to see if there is any consensus. If some like the idea, I don't see why we can't start one, and those that don't like it, well they don't have to contribute or use it.

What do you think?

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: idea for a sticky/special/single use thread - Member BIOs
January 25, 2015 04:38PM
Great idea. I'll get it rolling.
Brian Floyd. From and still live in Jackson Tn. Married 12 years( Beth) and have two boys Andrew and Matthew ages 11 and 9. We homeschool for a lot of reasons but one of the biggest was Matthew developed a form of epilepsy at age four and we put him on a strict diet to treat his seizures called the ketogenic diet; which by the way worked excellent but it was not easy to administer in a traditional school setting. I work at Kellogs formerly P&G making Pringles. Been there 18 years. My wife is the HSchool teacher and has a web site business which helped give her the freedom and time with the homeschool situation.
I like guitar ( not very good) fishing, shooting and of course MD ing. I had a friend whose dad had a couple of fishers 1266' s I think and he took me a couple of times when I was a teen to some cw camps. Didn't find much a few bullets if I remember but it was enough to spark my interest. I started out with a Troy shadow and then bought an explorer xs and used it until I had no free time to go ( young kids). They got older and I started to have a minute or 2 and. Started getting the fever again so I got the explorer out after years of sitting in the room except to fiddle in the yard when of course it but the bullet. This led me to this forum and my decision to get an f. 75. Favorite hunting is civil war relics but I love old coins too. While I have not found much to brag about I think it will be a solid machine once I fully understand its Incrisidities. Really like this site and the folks here really know there stuff. On a side note I hope we can all share our thoughts and opinions but do it in a way to not come
off as arrogant or holier than though it just plain old jerkish.

Brian
January 25, 2015 06:02PM
Hi Wayne,,,I'm down with that but it would have to be a sticky and I have never witnessed one yet.....JJ
January 25, 2015 07:00PM
Great idea Wayne. I think if it were under that member's personal bio it would be easier to find and view. I think friendly forum has a similar set up...
January 25, 2015 08:19PM
BFLO--neat writeup.Keep up the family devotion and take your kids MDing.