Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus food for thought

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus food for thought
January 26, 2015 04:45AM
Remember the pic I posted of finds at CW site. OK I talked with a gent who's been detecting the site on and off since 1977. He has f75se and has busted this place hard. I found numerous nonferrous finds and most were 6-9 inches deep. I noticed when I was hunting this site, in the area where most of my finds were found, my iron meter was at least halfway to a couple notches above halfway. Ground was reading 72/73 on the meter. Now when I moved out of this small field lot to other areas the ground would start reading 82/83 and iron meter would read lower less than half. Guess what, I only found one find where the ground was milder, a knapsack hook. And that was over a 5 hour period of swinging. Folks, I recommend you watch your iron meter readings. And new and old Deus users coming off of F75 /T2 machines. Which ever sites you remember seeing 3 bars or more on the F75 machine, you need to go back. You might be surprised.
PS
This also applies to new FORS CoRe users as well/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2015 04:50AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Deus food for thought
January 26, 2015 10:01AM
Yep it's a phenomenon I made my first YouTube video about. I was posting this info on the forums (F75 reading non ferrous things as iron in bad ground) and everybody kept saying I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about. I can't tell you how many good non ferrous relics I've dug with the F75 that gave iron IDs in the ground. This is why I could go to the same sites as my buddies with f75s and t2s and out dig them despite us having the same detectors. They refused to hunt in all metal and relied on disc mode with IDs above iron. Some still haven't learned lol I quit trying to teach and just go dig.
January 26, 2015 11:26AM
I just recently dug a 20 vdi on my first fisher f75se before the 12/14 version.. Nice smooth 20 no jumping but i was under some power lines (no emi that i could hear) i dug and noticed black dirt, not sure why this area was black but my pinpointer went crazy in the hole so i couldn't use it.. Just did the old fashioned way by waving dirt over coil..i got down to 8-9" and waved a chunk of dirt over coil and get a 80's signal lol. Opened it and was a nice green wheaty..i checked hole really good with detector before and afted filling in... Solid 20=wheaty i reground balanced that spot and was almost 90.. Just a small area was like that.. Cool thing was my friends etrac would not pick anything up and he went to auto sens which was reading 5.… the f75 may not have given the right vdi but it did find in with a nice tone..
January 26, 2015 01:06PM
And for the White's V3i relic hunters who want to use disc. Open your machine up all the way down to -15 VDI tonal wise. I think in worse ground this will allow you see some of the deeper nonferrous.