Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus Small coil Thoughts

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus Small coil Thoughts
January 26, 2015 12:46AM
I think if XP would make a small coil, they could put the battery and transmitter/receiver in a small box, snap it onto the shaft then it would be easy for them to make a 5" coil. Also if all their coils were made this way, once you had the power and communications box, it could be used for all their coils and reduce the price. The added weight with the small coil would also help balance the detector. It would need to be water proof is all.....

Tom in SC
Re: Deus Small coil Thoughts
January 26, 2015 01:00AM
Why couldn't they just make the coil a little thicker and put the components you mention "on top"?
Is there a golden number as to the thickness of the coil?
Do all parts have to be in the same plane?
January 26, 2015 01:04AM
The coil ( wires) is critical as to the position. The location of the electronics and battery will be also as to not interfere with the coil signal

Tom in SC
January 26, 2015 02:13AM
I think the old Daytona Rangar coil was built like that. That was a long time ago.

Charles
January 26, 2015 07:53AM
Obviously not a Geotech1 reader, then....
[www.youtube.com]
[www.geotech1.com]
and
[www.findmall.com]

I was one of Henrik's technical 'advisors', and was trying to persuade him to think smaller (like Fisher 5"DD small), and make electronics changes, too. But the end result worked OK, so it wasn't taken to more extreme lengths.