Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 Upgrade quesiton sent to Mike Scott

Posted by WTenFred 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 Upgrade quesiton sent to Mike Scott
January 31, 2015 09:25PM
I sent this question to Mike Scott, would appreciate opinions on what I should do?

My F75 was upgraded in November. Got a small chance to use it before having hip surgery. I am about ready to start detecting and want to make sure my F75 is up to speed.

In pinpoint it makes the mamma sound or overload. I have not had a chance to check it in AM to see if the depth is good.

The question is: If the depth is good in AM, is the overload or mamma sound an advantage in determining a target's depth in pinpoint mode (raise the coil and the overload goes away -- maybe; I haven't checked)?

Should I send it back or wait until I determine depth in AM?

Thanks,
Fred
Re: F75 Upgrade quesiton sent to Mike Scott
January 31, 2015 11:38PM
FT said that some of the updated machines were not "taking the upgrade properly" whatever that means. My thoughts run toward if part of the software is bad what affect is this having on the other functions--could be good----or bad. This is WHY FT should at least check a machine before sending it back to the to the serfs.