Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

tom or anyone........i have a coil wire question

Posted by gravediggermax 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
tom or anyone........i have a coil wire question
March 30, 2011 02:26PM
i need to buy some etrac/expII/sepro coil wire................must be some special stuff, by wire guru guy claims he can not find it.

i buy coil extension cables from coiltex of late, in the past i bought them from sunray and coiltek, but sunray has stopped. i will contact coiltex and see if they have about 12ft. of wire today.

but

i am still looking for a source or a spec. on this wire.........it is not the same wire as goes on the sov/excal.

thanks
Some pics of the wire itself
March 30, 2011 06:00PM

<")))))<>(
Re: tom or anyone........i have a coil wire question
March 30, 2011 10:18PM
Max
Check out Allied Electronics ....They have a pretty big selection of cable .....I'm sure that they will have something at least similar to what you are looking for .....Jim
March 31, 2011 11:06PM
have you tried getting some from minelab? i would like to know if they will sell lengths of cable as well.
chuck.
Sunray & Coiltek
April 01, 2011 12:30AM
will not

to quote doc............"Coiltek is very protective of their wire and will not sell it"

from allied:..........
Well…then I am stumped.

You might try an Electrical Distributor, Graybar, Virginia Carolina Electric, Electrical Suppliers.

Point is, I do not have anything this heavy duty, and definitely not in small quantites.

| Allied Electronics
Customer Account Representative
April 01, 2011 02:02AM
Protective of their wire....lmao.......not at you............but at Coiltek. Do they think your going to enter mass production with competing coils using a few feet of their wire????????
April 02, 2011 09:34PM
Look at Digi-Key. You can down load just the cable section from the catalog and see if any of it will work for you.

Jim

www.Digikey.com
April 03, 2011 12:36PM
Max,
Did you check out that link I sent you on that cable from Parts Express ? .....You never got back to me .....Jim