Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anybody got a CTX 3030 they wanna sell?

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anybody got a CTX 3030 they wanna sell?
February 02, 2015 09:42AM
I think I am going to go the route of the CTX. The problem around here is that we don't have much in the way of properties to hunt civil war relics on. That will still be my #1 passion but seeing silver in a hole is pretty doggone close. There are hundreds of Homesites, churches, etc in the county I live. Maybe even thousands. I'm going to spend some time hunting those and see what comes up. I'm pretty sure the MXT is not going to be the best candidate for cherry picking coins. So I'm leaning towards the CTX with stock and 6" coil. If any of you have one you have been thinking of parting ways with, shoot me a PM.
Re: Anybody got a CTX 3030 they wanna sell?
February 02, 2015 12:25PM
Excellent choice.
February 02, 2015 01:26PM
The Fors does a very good job with the small coil. The Racer might be better yet with the weight. Something to consider?
February 02, 2015 02:19PM
No thanks on the CoRe or Racer. I tried the CoRe. ..wasn't my thing. While trying to be as respectful as I can, I will leave that right there and not say anymore. I suspect the Racer to be much the same.

From my past experiences, Minelab machines are the cats meow for cherry picking coins solely by audio ID. You might not get all of them by doing that but you can get the majority, and I suppose if you wanted to dig trash, you could go after digging everything and get the rest of what's there.
February 02, 2015 02:26PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No thanks on the CoRe or Racer. I tried the CoRe.
> ..wasn't my thing. While trying to be as
> respectful as I can, I will leave that right there
> and not say anymore. I suspect the Racer to be
> much the same.
>
> From my past experiences, Minelab machines are the
> cats meow for cherry picking coins solely by audio
> ID. You might not get all of them by doing that
> but you can get the majority, and I suppose if you
> wanted to dig trash, you could go after digging
> everything and get the rest of what's there.

I've seen the core in action 1st hand and it's an excellent/sensitive machine no doubt (great for the job it's designed for)

but

for cherry pickin coins in trash (at depth with tonal ID and visual too)

once you get a CTX and get some hrs under the belt with it = you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner Danial ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 02:29PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
February 02, 2015 06:14PM
The CTX is a great machine and even though I reached it's limitations with the 11" and 17" coil in my area, I wouldnt sell mine. The etrac is also a great machine and is easier on the budget.
February 02, 2015 07:07PM
I have heard nothing but good reports about the CTX3030. Hope ya find one soon.
February 02, 2015 11:58PM
Everyone talks about cherrypicking with the CTX. Put the 6" coil on it and it goes way beyond cherry picking.
Will you miss some coins in the trash, yep just like any other detector, big difference is you will have a lot less trash at the end of the day and the guys behind you will still be digging trying to get that one coin you missed.
February 03, 2015 12:56AM
Spent some time with one recently and can tell you you're going to love it for that type of hunting. Nothing like a machine that legitimately can tell a silver coin before you pull it, increases the fun factor x1000...Good luck
February 03, 2015 09:11PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> No thanks on the CoRe or Racer. I tried the CoRe.
> ..wasn't my thing. While trying to be as
> respectful as I can, I will leave that right there
> and not say anymore. I suspect the Racer to be
> much the same.
>
> From my past experiences, Minelab machines are the
> cats meow for cherry picking coins solely by audio
> ID. You might not get all of them by doing that
> but you can get the majority, and I suppose if you
> wanted to dig trash, you could go after digging
> everything and get the rest of what's there.

Voicing your opinion on a detector good or bad has never seemed to be considered disrespectful on this site as long as I have been looking. Since I have had the CoRe on my short list for a new detector and at least in the near term coin shooting in the city looking for silver will be my focus. I am curious what you did not like about the CoRe? Only if you feel you can do so in a respectful way of course.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 05, 2015 05:10AM
FM classifieds has one F/S. Whoops, see you got one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2015 05:16AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 05, 2015 07:28AM
Yep it should be here today (Thursday) via the tracking number. I'm a little excited although I won't have time to even play with it. I'm still working 84+ hrs a week. I'm about to get over these lazy worthless co-workers of mine. I understand that sometimes things come up and people get sick/hurt and need to go on FMLA. But these same people do it numerous times every year and especially when we hit our busy stretches of 6 and 7 days a week. They go out on FMLA and it forces others to cover their shift. So not only is it every weekend we work...now its 12 hrs a day every day because of these baboons. They are about to kill olé Daniel here. No time to fish, dig, or anything. Work, eat, sleep, repeat.
February 05, 2015 09:32AM
Threat yourself to a GPZ 7000 when it comes out Daniel, at least then you'll have something to show for your long hours at work.
February 05, 2015 09:38AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Yep it should be here today (Thursday) via the
> tracking number. I'm a little excited although I
> won't have time to even play with it. I'm still
> working 84+ hrs a week. I'm about to get over
> these lazy worthless co-workers of mine. I
> understand that sometimes things come up and
> people get sick/hurt and need to go on FMLA. But
> these same people do it numerous times every year
> and especially when we hit our busy stretches of 6
> and 7 days a week. They go out on FMLA and it
> forces others to cover their shift. So not only is
> it every weekend we work...now its 12 hrs a day
> every day because of these baboons. They are
> about to kill olé Daniel here. No time to fish,
> dig, or anything. Work, eat, sleep, repeat.

Sounds like you work for the Railroad - just kidding cause I work for the railroad and have delt with FLMA Abusers frustrating to say the least

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 05, 2015 11:16AM
Bryannagirl
What railroad do you work for.
I retired from UP 4 years ago.

Have some good friends in Omaha.
February 05, 2015 11:17AM
What the heck is FLMA? Been my own boss amd wont work with wussys,so not upto date.
February 05, 2015 11:50AM
deathray Wrote:
> What the heck is FLMA? Been my own boss amd wont
> work with wussys,so not upto date.

Family Leave Medical Act I believe = something you & me don't have the luxury of having Ray!

It's where said LOSER uses an excuse that their mom died for the 10th time and so they take a FLMA to get paid for sitting at home on their azz or taking a vacation or whatever they feel like doing!

Not to say that SOME people don't use it for it's REAL purpose but far FAR too many abuse it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2015 11:55AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
February 05, 2015 12:56PM
Must be some of that liberal crap they keep pushing
February 05, 2015 01:11PM
Family Medical Leave Act.

Basically as described...people can take off work when they want and not be punished if they follow the very loose guidelines and get a doctors note. The doctors are so laid back with it that they'll make it out for as long as the person wants. I had my wisdom teeth cut out and the doctor wanted to give me 4 weeks off if I wanted it. I declined but it's that easy to get it for those lazy bums. The employer can't fire the person because it is Federal and above their pay grade. Legally, there isn't much that can be done to the abusers except for if they are caught in the act of doing something contrary to what the doctor says they are out for. Example. ...Somebody out with a hurt back or slipped disc better not be caught working on the farm while out of FMLA. But at the same time, we've had some that were out with a busted knee or foot and then they post pics on their Facebook page of them out water skiing or having a night on the town at the dance clubs, and nothing be done about it. The bad part is...they don't get paid for being out on it. I don't see how they pay their bills when missing 12+ weeks of work at a time. They gotta be having a secondary income from somewhere. And in this area...I'm betting on it being selling pain pills and or meth.
February 05, 2015 03:18PM
IRS will use your extra contributions wisely Daniel LOL !
February 05, 2015 03:36PM
silverhound -- If only they would use it to build bombs and take out some ISIS militants...I would work 12 hrs a day every day if they just sent me footage of them using them lol