Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Midnight Lake Hunt From Back in August -- Pieced Together from GoPro Cam and Iphone

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey all

this is a vid I did back in the summer of a Lake Michigan hunt at Midnight that I forgot all about = nothing special - 10 min long.

For those who don't know what lake MI (or any of the great lakes are like)

the following photos are of the EXACT spot/beach I am at in the video and this is how the lake can be from day to day/almost minute to minute as storms can blow in in a heartbeat and turn the beach/lake from a fantastic fun outing to the scariest and most dangerous place you've ever seen!

click here to watch video >> [www.youtube.com]

People are washed over that pier and out to sea almost every year never to be seen/heard from again because they go out on it during storms like you see in the pics below!

A additional bit of info/facts on the lake itself from Wikipedia:

Lake Michigan is the only one of the Great Lakes wholly within the borders of the United States; the others are shared with Canada. It has a surface area of 22,400 square miles (58,000 km2),[2] making it the largest lake entirely within one country by surface area (Lake Baikal, in Russia, is larger by water volume), and the fifth-largest lake in the world. It is 307 miles (494 km) long by 118 miles (190 km) wide with a shoreline 1,640 miles (2,640 km) long. The lake's average depth is 46 fathoms 3 feet (279 ft; 85 m), while its greatest depth is 153 fathoms 5 feet (923 ft; 281 m).[2][13] It contains a volume of 1,180 cubic miles (4,918 kmĀ³) of water. Green Bay in the northwest is its largest bay. Grand Traverse Bay in its northeast is another large bay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 07:29PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: Midnight Lake Hunt From Back in August -- Pieced Together from GoPro Cam and Iphone
February 25, 2015 01:14AM
That lighthouse picture is frameable. So awesome
Re: Midnight Lake Hunt From Back in August -- Pieced Together from GoPro Cam and Iphone
February 25, 2015 01:21AM
Water spouts, I've seen those in the Gulf of Mexico...beautiful pics. Jeez, the Great Lakes look like the oceans.
February 25, 2015 02:10AM
Hi Wayne,,,well you know I can't do videos but them are some nice photos.....Boy there's a lot of people on that beach I might just invite myself down there sometime..LoL.....JJ
jimmyjiver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Wayne,,,well you know I can't do videos but
> them are some nice photos.....Boy there's a lot of
> people on that beach I might just invite myself
> down there sometime..LoL.....JJ

Come on over Jimmy!

When the weather is good the beach is packed (especially on weekends) and/or during holidays & events = that's when there's 2xs as many people on the beach than you see in that photo!

Got a water machine??

There's a TON of guys that hunt the beach but not so many in the water (there's a few) but not as many as ON the beach itself...
February 25, 2015 04:24PM
MRH, those are awesome pics. Thanks for posting.
You could print and sell those. Nice photography.
February 26, 2015 05:56PM
Looking forward to your vids Wayne Good luck HH
Corey