Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How to test for the "mamma " issue on F75LTD2

Posted by choppadude 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How to test for the "mamma " issue on F75LTD2
February 26, 2015 12:11AM
Im have a Fisher F75 LTD2 on the way and although I have been assured by the dealer that it is a 12-14 unit I want to test it right out of the box for this Mamma issue others have experienced. I am hearing it in the all metal mode with 2 tone? Have never owned a Fisher so I am not sure how to even get around on the menue. I will download the manual right now to get a head start but any help readers can give would be greatly appreciated.
Steve
Re: How to test for the "mamma " issue on F75LTD2
February 26, 2015 12:32AM
It looks like most of the momma bug problems were when you program the "Tone" Audio feature to 2L or 2H. I would check for it in all tone selections to be safe. And in AM too.
Just pull the pinpoint button while over a coin on the ground . There is a 9.0 and 9.1 mode. I would check for bug in both of those in conjunctionwith all the tones available. You will know it when you hear it. As you move your coil slightly from side to side over a target the sound emulates the word momma. There is a video on another forum, I believe FM that shows it.
February 26, 2015 03:17AM
id use a buried target. it much more obvious
February 26, 2015 02:33PM
Is the MaMa Bug standard on the "Upgraded" F75 or option??
February 26, 2015 02:53PM
Doc, I'm not sure I understand your question. The momma bug pinpoint is in fact a deficiency caused, by what seems incompatible electronic parts within. Some F75 units were upgraded and at first, this deficiency (component incompatibility) was not known by FT, since has been supposedly remedied according to them (FT). But for whatever reasons there are still a few out there. Most of these seem to be the ones with 11 and 12 months software loaded dates. And when buying used upgraded units, folks should be aware of this; especially on units with no or little warranty left.
February 26, 2015 03:29PM
Fisher F75LTD2: [youtu.be]
February 27, 2015 12:18AM
TNSS: J O K E !!
This and other issues with the "upgrade" of the F75 has probably been the most ill handled situation possible. I have talked to 3 different people at FT, asking the SAME question , and have gotten 3 different answers. There are people who have had to return their 75's 4, FOUR times. It is quite evident that FT has NO plan to check a detector before it is returned to the customer if they did then these same problems would not be recurring AND if they claim to check Before the detector is returned then WHY are the same problems continuing to occur??
February 27, 2015 01:51AM
Doc,
I'll respond. I can see how the mamma bug became a problem. I think it was because it happened only in 2l and 2h tones. So at the beginning it got overlooked. I also think FT was taking stock off the shelves and modding as well. This was the reason for some of the new units sold being bad. All this probably could have been avoided right from the start if FT would have tracked each unit per ser# of initially installed software/hardware. I don't think they did that and have payed a price. When they designed DST upgrade and tested they picked a unit not possessing the hardware incompatibilities. So with all that next came the quality control on units being returned and rereturned for problems. I do think they could have done a better job. And I think they have since improved overall-feedback from forums. I like my unit very much.
I think for $159 you really can't beat it with FT paying round trip shipping. And for them to offer extended warranty at reasonable rates is good also.
I don't think FT made any $$$ on this upgrade, mostly just help past customers.
A person doesn't have to have their unit upgraded. And a person doesn't have to buy their upgraded units new either.
February 27, 2015 02:24AM
Doc, had my F75 in last year and they did a wonderful job with the mod on my ltd. I'm sure any loss is made up by what I will gain. I will be visiting old sites and will know right away if there is any problems.
February 27, 2015 02:20PM
TNSS: I am happy that your upgrade worked out and you are correct that people can or cannot elect to participate.My problem is simply that FT was less than forthcoming,continued to deny the problem even after they were shown the problem,and caused some people to have to return their machines 4 times.If you call FT TODAY they will tell you there is NO loss of depth in AM and this is not true.To continue to try and to deny this fact is less than honest. My hunting is 95% in AM so to me,not you or anyone else who is satisfied for which I am happy, this does matter and I will continue to say that FT is less than forthcoming with the truth on the AM issue.Prove me wrong and I will hush.