Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Signature TEST

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Signature TEST
February 14, 2015 01:15AM
Just seeing if I can get my signature option to work

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
YES!!!!
February 14, 2015 01:18AM
Awesome!!!!

Finally..

and I got the clock working right too Now..

All Is Good!!!

thank's again Wally for fixing the edit option!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Signature TEST
February 14, 2015 01:23AM
Great signature. Seems very relevant in today's world.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
February 14, 2015 01:41AM
Thanks Will ..Very Current is it not!

Did you like the quote in just text or the Pic/Quote better..

I sort of like the Pic/Quote..

At least Now I can play around with it and do what I want ..may tweak it some here and there as time goes on..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 14, 2015 01:45AM
The picture quote is great. I love it.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
February 14, 2015 01:55AM
Thanks Will..

I'll go with it for awhile...

Thanks

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 14, 2015 04:20AM
I like it, Keith. It is applicable on so many levels.
February 14, 2015 04:22AM
Hey Keith, we really all want your mug on there!
February 14, 2015 05:55AM
How did you do that Keith?
February 14, 2015 07:13AM
I personally find signatures distracting and annoying, breaking up the thread. And they get repeated throughout the thread, not just the one post. They are common on the UK forum I use, making up over half of the thread, I find myself having to actually search for the post amongst the clutter. People listing every machine they've owned, their favourite music, dirty great animated gif's that take 30 seconds for the huge file to download, sheesh.
I hope you don't start a trend.

It's good news that Wally has sorted out the edit bug though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 07:15AM by Pimento.
February 14, 2015 07:38AM
You think I ought to make it smaller ?

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 14, 2015 08:50AM
Based on what users do on the UK forum, yours is a perfectly reasonable size, and I'm just being a miserable old so&so. To me, it contributes nothing to the thread, and just breaks it up, in the same way a movie on TV is ruined by fizzy drink adverts every 10 minutes.
It seems that these things tend to escalate, and before long there will be someone with a scrolling slideshow gallery of his best finds, etc.

I don't know if this will work, but here's one I 'stole' from the UK forum as an example (I'll delete it later on..):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 08:56AM by Pimento.
February 14, 2015 03:32PM
Looks good Keith!
February 14, 2015 06:00PM
Ok I took the pic out...

but Im leaving my favorite quote....LOL!!

I guess it could get carried away with and become distracting....

Thanks for the insight Pimento.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 14, 2015 06:32PM
Now I'm confused. I've just tried to edit the earlier post to remove the example "signature", and I've got the same old error page as before. Yet multiple edits work for you, Keith?
It's worth pointing out that you can change the colour of the signature, so it's less easily confused with your post, using the color=blue in square brackets html code. The font size should be controllable, too, though I can't recall how....font size ="2" and /font....maybe, or maybe size /size. I'll leave the choices to you. Italic, bold, underline should all be achievable.
Test:
“I don't care that they stole my idea ... I care that they don't have any of their own” - Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 06:45PM by Pimento.
February 14, 2015 06:57PM
Im not sure how many times you can edit a post Pimento..

But you can edit signature indefinately it so seem's..

Ill work on the color..that's sort of neat!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 14, 2015 07:09PM
You work on the color, I'll work on the colour.

I don't care that they stole my idea ... I care that they don't have any of their own - Nikola Tesla
February 14, 2015 08:10PM
Very British Pimento!!!! Color/Colour !!

The red looks good too..

But ,,,,By King George Pimento!!!! I think I have it....Thanks!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 08:22PM by Keith Southern.
February 14, 2015 09:07PM
Just Google BBcode for guides to forum HTML. Font size was changed using size /size. I'm no expert, but different browsers almost certainly give different results, depending on font choices.

King George,eh?

Rule two Tanners,
two Tanners make a Bob,
King George never,never,never
shaves his kn*b!

I'm not sure which George this refers to, but it dates to the pre-WW2 era.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 09:12PM by Pimento.
February 15, 2015 06:30PM
The other thing I forgot to mention is that you can seperate the signature from the post text using a horizontal line, which you get using the [ hr ] command.
So you start your signature with hr, then the text. There's no /hr needed at the end.
The end result would look like this.

I don't have a signature
March 02, 2015 12:41PM
Have you been 'experimenting' , Keith? Your signature is massive, now, on my PC, anyway.