Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Teknetics Gamma and my Racer experience.

Posted by wayne_etc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Teknetics Gamma and my Racer experience.
February 22, 2015 12:24AM
Hey folks. Long time listener, few calls.

I don't see much about the Teknetics Gamma. Would like some feedback. I know it's similar to the Omega, but how does it do in mineralized ground when equipped with a DD coil? How's performance in trash?

Looking to drop a few hundred on another machine and it's one of my options. Would yall suggest something else (good in mineralized ground, good in trash)? I always consider used machines and different coil combinations.

w

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2015 07:08PM by wayne_etc.
Dak
Re: Teknetics Gamma and my Racer experience.
March 03, 2015 08:58PM
Love my teknetics gamma. I have never used a DD coil. The stock 8 " coil works fantastic. This light weight, battery sipping (1) 9V , 1/8 and 1/4 headphone jacks, is a well kept secret. Wish my CZ3D was as light as the gamma. Sorry I could not tell you more about the DD coil.
March 04, 2015 01:59AM
The Gamma is a very underrated machine in my humble opinion. The stock coil is fantastic at unmasking targets in trashy sites. In my personal experiments I was able to go behind my NEL sharpshooter coil at two different sites and my 5DD at one site and dig good targets (targets they missed) with the stock coil on the same day. For several years I kept the NEL Tornado on my Gamma because... well... it was awesome. BUT... I had never used the stock coil. It came off the first day and I used the 11DD Tek coil or the 5DD. Both are good. The Tornado gave better separation than the 11DD and so it stayed on. Subsequent real world testing has proven to me that the stock 8" concentric coil will outperform the NEL coils. It took several outings of this before I finally accepted it... and have since sold the 2 NEL coils on ebay. The stock coil also does not false on rusty bottle caps like the DD coils.

The Gamma has an all metal mode WITH numeric ID. This should do well in mineralized dirt. After watching (and learning from)Tom's video I will be trying this setup next for potentially deeper targets /coins. More depth is the ONLY reason I recently bought a used F75. I MAY have been able to accomplish what I wanted if I had known and understood how to properly use the all metal mode of my Gamma. I am not sorry about getting the F75 though. It is about as good as it gets detector wise and I am looking forward to using / learning it effectively.

Here are my air tested numbers of the 5 coils I had for the Gamma. These numbers were 2 way solid beeps. I was NOT looking to see if the TID was showing numbers or not. Beyond a distance of 8”, the accuracy of target identification begins to
diminish.

Sens 94 disc 10

Stock 8 inch
Quarter 10
Nickel 9
Dime 8
Copper penny 8 1/4
Gold wedding Ring 10

11 inch DD
Quarter 11
Nickel 10
dime 10
C penny 10 1/4
Wedding ring 11

Nel sharpshooter
Quarter 9.5
Nickel 9.5
Penny 8.25
Dime 8
Ring 8.5

Nel tornado Sens 92 to quiet EMI
Quarter 10
Nickel 9
Dime 8.75
Penny 8.5
Ring 9

5 inch
Quarter 8
Nickel 7.5
Dime 6.5
Penny 6.75
Ring 7.25

The last thing I will mention is that the sensitivity adjustment from 5 to 90 is for gain. 90 to 99 is for threshold. It gets hyper sensitive starting at 94 and starts getting noisy... but quiets down somewhat when swinging. My deepest coins (all this info relates to coin shooting) have been Wheaties and quarters at 8 plus inches. Wheats were fringe targets but because of past experience I dug them and it payed off. Most of the stuff I dig is 1 to 6 inches.

I have been very happy with mine and is money well spent. It is a solid performer that has somehow been overshadowed by the other Teknetics detectors. If you can get one for a few hundred bucks, do it.

Hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2015 02:04AM by capt..
March 04, 2015 09:26AM
i am impressed with my Delta4000 too, great TID even outdoes the deus TID on deep targets
March 04, 2015 12:55PM
I have the Delta 4000 which I started with, very under rated machine for its price point in my opinion. I also have the Deus, yup the numbers are not accurate the deeper you go, I am hoping this is one of the "fixes" in the upcoming update.... And yes I know the Deus is a tone machine but I like to glance at the numbers before I dig.
March 04, 2015 03:31PM
Spaceport Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have the Delta 4000 which I started with, very
> under rated machine for its price point in my
> opinion. I also have the Deus, yup the numbers
> are not accurate the deeper you go, I am hoping
> this is one of the "fixes" in the upcoming
> update.... And yes I know the Deus is a tone
> machine but I like to glance at the numbers before
> I dig.

Just curious, if the ID numbers change accuracy as the targets get deeper, could the tones be doing the same thing?
March 05, 2015 10:18AM
if the Delta had wireless headphones like the WS5s that would be my perfect machine ,great price for such a good machine ,you can rely on the TID in most cases
March 05, 2015 11:48AM
TexHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Spaceport Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have the Delta 4000 which I started with,
> very
> > under rated machine for its price point in my
> > opinion. I also have the Deus, yup the numbers
> > are not accurate the deeper you go, I am hoping
> > this is one of the "fixes" in the upcoming
> > update.... And yes I know the Deus is a tone
> > machine but I like to glance at the numbers
> before
> > I dig.
>
> Just curious, if the ID numbers change accuracy as
> the targets get deeper, could the tones be doing
> the same thing?

I am still new to the Deus I got it in mid August and although thsts a while ago I do not get out much at all because of work etc. however I have not noticed much change if any in tone until considerable depth is reached ..... Very good question I am now wondering about, and will recheck in the field whenever the snow gets gone..... Calling for another 4-6" today into tomorrow