Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold prospecting with non gold detectors.

Posted by rexy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold prospecting with non gold detectors.
March 05, 2015 03:54PM
Hello All prospectors, I am just wondering if there are any non gold detectors that can be used in high mineralized ground, and for effective small gold recovery, and as well as depth.
I'm talking about less expensive (used) or vintage detectors, like a Garrett GTP, or White's Blue and Gray, Minelab Explorer, or even a CZ-3d.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2015 06:39PM by rexy.
Re: Gold prospecting with non gold detectors.
March 05, 2015 04:00PM
The Mxt has a prospecting mode and was based off of the Gmt platform (albeit at a lower frequency) if I remember correctly. I've watched videos of folks prospecting with it but personally haven't used one in that capacity.
March 05, 2015 04:02PM
Most will work to a degree on large nuggets but useless on most nuggets which are small..Gold prospecting is hard at best so get yourself a unit made for the task at hand...
March 05, 2015 05:41PM
Rexy, would you repeat that list please? Sorry,but this is what I say to a waitperson(pc) after they rattle off a long list of specials.Just feeling a little flippy after 3 weeks of rain.
March 05, 2015 09:42PM
none of the four you mentioned are good choices. Look at combo machines like gb pro,at gold,mxt,even the racer. Are you in a proven gold area? Ray
March 05, 2015 09:55PM
Just ask Steve H., He found more gold withthe MXT at Gains Creek in AK. than any other. I have had my MXT out West 3 times and will be taking it back in March. If you can,t find it with the MXT just get a gold pan and start panning. I have a little over 3 oz. of gold and not rings. I also have about 40 gold rings with the MXT.