Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

detectors below 250

Posted by rexy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
detectors below 250
March 09, 2015 08:26PM
Hello all readers. I currently am looking for a detector at a price below 250$. So far, I am looking for a unit that can go deep, while still inside this price range. Doesn't matter if the detector is still being made or not, vintage is ok. Something like Bounty Hunter, Tesoro, White's, Garrett, Minelab, Fisher, Famous Trails, Teknetics, or outside different companies. Any comments about a good deep detector would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Happy Hunting.
Re: detectors below 250
March 09, 2015 09:15PM
Whites classic/classic id, etc..

Tesoro compadre, silver umax, if your lucky, a used Cibola.

Fisher F2 (I didn't care for it, but it's ok, and in your price range)

Of these, the Cibola would be your deepest, imo.
March 09, 2015 09:17PM
With a $250 budget, the choices get slim to none, I have heard about some outrageous deals on Craig's list but you have to be careful.

On another forum a guy picked up a Mr.Bill modified IDX Pro with two coils for $200 on Craig's list, not the norm I'm sure.

I have seen some used White's MX5s for sale for around $350 shipped and one of those would be a good deal but again over your budget.

You could wait and save another $100 to add to your budget and get something like a MX5, they are deep and work in the iron nails really good.
March 09, 2015 09:35PM
Ace 250 and Eurotek Pro are a couple that come to mind. Not super deep, but not bad either I believe.
March 09, 2015 10:01PM
Banddio 2 umax

Vaquero...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 09, 2015 10:26PM
Hi Rexy, I have a very nice Whites Classic ID with 8" coil I will ship to you for $225.00 . Looks good and works good. Flintstone
March 10, 2015 03:42AM
Teknetics EuroTek Pro Great detector. Target ID and adjustable iron volume.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 01:38AM by Detectorist.
March 10, 2015 04:33AM
GoldFinder2
March 10, 2015 02:14PM
I take it you know this is a counterfeit version of the T2 although saying this i have seen some of these in action and they have been hotter than the real T2 but also some have been useless its a lottery what you will get (also no warranty)
March 10, 2015 02:26PM
Gosh those real old Wilson coin and relics went super deep and if you could find one should be within your budget....
March 11, 2015 12:24AM
Bounty Hunter Platinum is almost a Teknetics Gamma 6000

Cabelas has them onsale for $249

[www.cabelas.com]

Monte on another forum wrote up this comparison:

The Platinum is in the Omega-style rod & grip configuration, and the Gamma is in the familiar 'S' rod design. However, Gamma works much more like the Teknetics Omega and the Platinum doesn't.

The Platinum has a preset Ground balance, as do the others mentioned, but it also has a Ground Grab feature to make an automated GB adjustment. The Gamma has Ground Grab, but it also features a manual Ground Balance just like the Omega.

The Platinum has a very simple Discrimination control that lets you progressively reject 'segments' such as Iron, Foil, Nickel, etc. The Gamma is like the Omega and allows you to reject targets progressively based on their VDI number for more precise discrimination. The Platinum works more like the Teknetics Alpha or Delta.

The Platinum has 4 Tone ID option, as do the Gamma and Omega, but the Gamma and Omega have a different breakdown. Their 4-Tone audio ID system put the US 5¢ coin in a mid-high category and make it handy to use for casual coin hunting to help isolate common 5¢ coin targets. The Platinum has a different and, to me, less useful tone breakdown.

The Platinum has a Sensitivity adjustment that is more like the Teknetics Delta. The Platinum adjusts from a setting of '4' to a maximum setting of '10.' The Delta adjusts from '4' to '12.' The Gamma is closer to the Omega in that it covers a broader range and adjusts from a low setting by 5-number increments, such as fro '40' to '45' to '50' and so on up to '90.' After '90' it will increase by one increment at a time to a maximum of '99'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 12:25AM by Huntindog1.
March 11, 2015 04:12AM
Used Tesoro, Bandido II Uamx or Eldorado Umax, both have manual gb
The Older Whites are good too, 5900 or 6000 pro sl, eagle spectrum, Classic series with (Mr. Bill's Mods)

These are a few
March 11, 2015 08:56PM
That Platinum for $249 looks like a great buy.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
March 11, 2015 09:36PM
There's a cibola on Virginia craigslist for $150 if anyone lives down that way.