Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta CoRe Token find...Need help with identification please

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta CoRe Token find...Need help with identification please
March 27, 2015 08:37PM
Went back to the site where I found the seated dime last Saturday. Used the small coil on the CoRe unit and hunted for around 3.5 hours. I actually hunted about 250 ft from where the seated dime came from last week. Didn't find much except a couple old wheats and some clad. Hit this one area, CoRe unit went into machine gun fire mode. I told the gent who was hunting with me, this is where the good something should be hiding and sure enough got a steady 82 in the screen amongst the nails. Out jumps the token from about 4.5 inches. The ole CoRe with small coil sure is one sniffer of a detector. Seems like every time I take it to an old site, I find at least one interesting find.

I know there are some token wizards here, please help me with the when and where with this token please.

Re: Nokta CoRe Token find...Need help with identification please
March 27, 2015 09:41PM
L.J. COX & CO. / POOL / CHECK / TRACY CITY, TENN.
GOOD FOR / 2½ / IN TRADE

Close as I could find..I think 12.5 cents are usually cigars....

Nice dig

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 27, 2015 10:07PM
It is not uncommon for a token to be worth more than a silver coin.
March 27, 2015 10:09PM
Nice find TNSS

Gotta love diggin tokens!
March 27, 2015 10:29PM
Thanks all.
Wayne looks like you're breaking in your F-19 in a big way. Great to actually have some decent weather to hunt. NC Wayne has been making some nice finds too. I expect to see some others be checking in with some as well. Oh, almost forgot, Kevin B has been doing well too. I'd love to see everyone make some nice finds. The more unique/rare the better IMO. Before you know it, real hot weather will be setting in. Y'all better get it while the getting good.
March 28, 2015 12:39AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is not uncommon for a token to be worth more
> than a silver coin.

More often then not tokens are more valuable then silver coins, plus condition isn't typically a factor, particularly if it's a rare one.
March 28, 2015 01:07AM
I may have discovered the tokens connection. This site where I discovered it was a very well know resort area at around the turn of the 20th century, with high rollers frequently visiting from all over.

[www.ljperetti.com]
March 28, 2015 01:43AM
Great find TnSharpShooter!!!! I love finding them old tokens. Especially the ones that ain't aluminum with the little square hole in the center (tax tokens?) Anyway......great save!!!!
March 28, 2015 02:32AM
Nice token David! It looks to be in great shape.