Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Iron and Brick

Posted by Bryannagirl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Iron and Brick
March 31, 2015 03:42AM
Hunting the open lot near my house again. There is really no place in this whole large lot does not have some sort of ferrous target in the ground. Get an occasional good hit but so far I am finding lots of red brick, nails, and some kind of thin flexible material that reads ferrous. I also found a window crank for what appears to be a 1950 ish Chevy iImpala or Belair. So almost appears this was some kind of landfill at one time.

The more I hunt in junk and iron the more it dawns on me how important it is to able to clearly identify more then one target at a time. It also occurred to me not every site is so heavily iron trash infested, and mere mortals of detectors can do well even in moderated trash.

I am still not sure how to deal with the solid and broken brick. I am sure this has a lot too do with the fact that almost every inch of this field reads some amount of iron targets. Mix in some real iron of various types some larger ferrous targets the and you have an almost impossible site to hunt or at least an extremely challenging one.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!