Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1916 D dime..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1916 D dime..
April 03, 2015 02:09PM
Whats approximate worth of 1916 D dime worth in well worn condition....
Re: 1916 D dime..
April 03, 2015 02:20PM
Thats a tuffy.... just because some collectors would want it to complete a set....which might make up that price loss. Any high dollar coin could be worth more than grade because something in a set is better than a gap while you wait on a real score. Coins collections now days are investments. It not like it used to be....I loved collecting but now like a lot of hobbie profit places more demands ...ie grading and slabbing makes it hard for the little guy to sell.
April 03, 2015 03:11PM
$500 or so in AG cond. (almost good) all details worn smooth but you can still make out the date & mint mark

$750ish or so in "Good" cond. pretty much same as above but date and mint mark clearly visible

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2015 03:12PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
April 03, 2015 03:18PM
I'll give 10 cents for it and take it off your hands. LOL Just kidding. You may get more for it than you think. I wouldn't have it graded, just money wasted imo. You can probably get some reasonable offers pretty quickly just posting on the detecting forums. Put a pic up showing front and back.
April 03, 2015 03:27PM
great find show us the money????

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 03, 2015 04:20PM
Wish I did find , however just saw the complete dime set including the 1916D for trade for a high priced detector so just wondered..Thanks for the replies and looked on E-bay and prices are mixed...
April 03, 2015 05:36PM
That is how the 'Bay is. I get very frustrated seeing things go used for more than new prices while there are some super deals that are virtual steals, It is a risky place to buy as some sellers are not completely honest.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
April 03, 2015 06:47PM
Indeed E-bay good sellers market...risky buyers market.....got in when they didn't require Paypal....now they do so much safer buying thru classifieds from other ground grubbers like myself...
April 03, 2015 07:48PM
It always comes down to...... who wants it and if you can get more than one buyer. No one wants to give list price.... but two collectors can make interesting.