Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

recent finds

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
recent finds
April 03, 2015 05:00PM
Found these where I've been logging miles of walking the past few weeks.

I believe the double buckle is CW but don't remember seeing one before. Keith (or someone to the rescue?) Found with the F75SE update:
The buckle is just over 1.75" long and just over 1" wide, heavy brass. It has a broken brad in the middle where it was attached to something else (looks like).

Found these yesterday with the AT Pro:

I have hunted this area over and over and over again. Literally! With the F75 and Deus and AT Pro. And the AT Pro keeps on finding stuff! So do the F75 and Deus, but not quite like the AT Pro does.

And in closing, a question for Keith and anyone else:
I find an occasional highly oxidized (very white) item I will describe as a cupped washer. It's a half inch in OD and has a .10" dia. hole in its center. Thickness is approx .06 inches.
I don't find it in Crouch's book on CW relics <g>. Any idea what its use was? It's obviously non-ferrous, possibly lead (or zinc?). It resembles the disc between the bullet and base of a Williams' cleaner but is too small in OD and ID for it to be one of those.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2015 05:01PM by ncwayne.
Re: recent finds
April 03, 2015 05:49PM
Looks like you're in the right place from the looks of the pottery/glass. Nice finds, the washers you mentioned. Could they be the seals from very old roof nails/tacs? I find them quite a bit here and slightly cupped like you said.

Detectors used
Nokta FoRs CoRe, Makro R1, Makro R2X2, ETrac, 3030, Compadre, several others.
Obama put this country in the toilet, vote for Hilderbeast and she'll pull the handle
April 03, 2015 06:54PM
Nice finds Wayne, persistence pays off.

Congrats,
Paul
April 04, 2015 05:32AM
Nice finds and great close up pics! Love the buckle and it's cool seeing the pottery and glass.