Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

X-Marks the spot...Racer 5x10

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
X-Marks the spot...Racer 5x10
April 12, 2015 04:41AM
Ran the 5x10 DD coil today... Its almost equal in depth to the stock coil and separates really tight..still not in the OOR 5" league but its a great all arounder...And super light...and no snagging on limb's..

Also bought me a production model for testing and really can't tell much difference from one to the other...I feel the Audio may be saturated in 3 tone more than on my pre production...but not yet 100% on this..

Im glad my pre comes on in tone 4 ....that's the highest tone on that unit..on the production 4 is not the highest so I have to move it to 5 everytime...

X marks the spot LOL

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2015 04:43AM by Keith Southern.
Re: X-Marks the spot...Racer 5x10
April 12, 2015 04:52AM
Hi Keith,,are you saying that there's was no change in the sensitivity settings between the two also did they change the modulated audio?....I'm not pleased with the modulated audio on the one I tested (post one)....I like more of a modulated audio than they currently have now...Perhaps I rely on it to much....Thanks.....JJ
April 12, 2015 04:54AM
Keith -- I saw where you had bought this coil. So I decided to get the other optional coil so we could see what it does on the Racer too. So I have the larger coil coming my way. Will be here early this coming week.
April 12, 2015 03:26PM
I also hope they didn't lose the Modulated audio. Eventhough I don't own one that is a feature I love and would be a deal breaker for me.But in their defense I guess you can't have one with out the other? If this is true I can see some of the pre production detectors becoming a little more in demand.Can you say 1021? LOL!
April 12, 2015 04:21PM
So I take it that the Racer is a keeper for you. Owning two seems to make that statement. For relics and large iron the detector seems to be all you would want. But I find it lacking for coin shooting. I intend to spend more time with it. I had the same feelings about the Deus in the beginning, but I do consider it a vital detector for me now.
April 12, 2015 04:38PM
Hi,,,Just to clear up my statement above, I did not say that the Racer never had modulated audio,I just wish it was more pronounced is all.........JJ
April 12, 2015 05:00PM
I have not coin hunted yet with the racer that would be a park setting or school I think I can do this on Sat to see what it can do...the deus in trash is a hard unit to master it would really be nice to see a coil like the AT Gold come out for the deus...I think the racer has its calling for bigger targets so far have not really found anything relic hunting that is small but lots of time to test...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 12, 2015 08:32PM
Keith correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only adjust the tone frequency in 2-tone mode, not 3-tone (not sure the logic on that?)???

I'm really torn between a 5x10 which seems to be a super coil on the First Texas machines, and no doubt will also be on the Racer, or the larger RC40 DD 15.5''x13'' coil (obviously for different purposes).

Keith do you find that you're able get more usable increased gain on the 5x10"DD vs the 11"DD??

Thanks and HH,
Brian
April 13, 2015 12:54AM
Jimmy= I think if you max both units out in 3 tone gain wise then the producuion model is saturated a little mopre but back off to say below 98 or so on production model and I see no real difference..

the Audio is depth perceptive on both units especially in 2 tone...deep items do whisper ...you just have to get over a few to get the sound in your head..they will be whispers and fuzzy...nice tone to them..

Daniel= sounds awesome !! let us Know .

Harold and Goodmore =there both the same it seems when set up as so...and I got the production model to answer spome questions I had about the newer one....Will I retain the newer one??maybe ...heck might need three one for a stock coil too..!!LOL!!

Brian=yes tonal change works in 2 tone and all metal only.. 3 tone is factory set...on the 5x10 Vs Stock I can run them both above equal sens wise...mostly wide open...The 5x10 in airtest seems to give up about 1.5 inches on a nickle..
the 5x10 is unbelievably light..feels less than the OOR 5...seriously its paper light...very hto down the center the full length...it has its place especially in brush and such ...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 13, 2015 01:24AM
Glad to hear the tones can be changed in D2. I've found at times iffy D3 tones would stop me a bit faster than D2. Had a good day w/the stock coil today. Challenging site, deep targets w/small camp lead everywhere, and the racer certainly sees it. 10 dropped bullets and a coat button. Coat button was exactly 1/2" deeper than the length of my trx. Just a blip in d2, checked AM and it slammed it. I've noticed kicking back the leaves can make a huge difference. Sometimes you don't get even a repeatable 2 way audio, and if u have a repeatable tone and no tid, time to investigate. Good thing is the tone ID is accurate all the way to the edge of depth. Really would like to see a size between the stock and large coil.
April 13, 2015 01:54AM
Heck 10 dropped bullets now-a-day's is a great day in my Book...

What did you leave the mask set at...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 13, 2015 02:38AM
Definetely not common anymore. Its a 9 month yankee camp outside petersburg a friend has access to. Rarely find anything fired...Just drops and lots, and lots of small camp lead that can sound alot like small brass to me. Id mask was at 10. Found a little trick today, when getting a fringe signal be it depth or possibly falsing from a bent nail. You can switch to AM for more punch and to assertain the profile of targets in a specific patch of dirt. Love how easy it is to switch modes. Did some side by side w/my buddies deus, hes quite good with it and finds alot of relics. Had a few signals that he was calling DEEP minie's, I scanned and saw the low 50's bouncy tid's alot of the camp lead was giving and said its camp lead...sure enough both targets were at about 5-6"s.

Having great results in nails/small iron with the unit but need more time around larger iron. Hit a housesite this afternoon and I found myself chasing old stoveparts alot. The big iron Im seeing doesnt have the scratchy sound nails,bottlecaps, etc will. I have very little time on the unit, but I need to work on that aspect. With the ID open you can hear the ferrous mixed in usually, but I find myself digging anyway.hoping its something colocated, so far all these type targets have ferrous.