Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

check this video out on the racer and gain and dics

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
check this video out on the racer and gain and dics
April 20, 2015 12:57AM
For heavy iron this maybe what some of us are not doing???? I saw these videos before but now they have me thinking..from what the video is showing me the gain is not a sens setting. So lowering it won't lose you depth? Maybe I was running mine too hot...it seems you can run it at about 40-55 the deep target will have a softer sound but the detector will not be too busy and you get depth.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 01:15AM by Lawrenzo.
Re: check this video out on the racer and gain and dics
April 20, 2015 02:41AM
I have noticed a similar issue with my T2 you can turn it way down and not loose much depth. In fact in mineralized dirt I think you loose depth with to much sensitivity on T2.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
April 20, 2015 02:55AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For heavy iron this maybe what some of us are not
> doing???? I saw these videos before but now they
> have me thinking..from what the video is showing
> me the gain is not a sens setting. So lowering it
> won't lose you depth? Maybe I was running mine too
> hot...it seems you can run it at about 40-55 the
> deep target will have a softer sound but the
> detector will not be too busy and you get depth.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> e=youtu.be
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> e=youtu.be

The gain is tied to depth somewhat. Especially in the hearing department. And TID is tied to gain. Granted in a dig all nonferrous, TID not so important. And remember when outside hunting, you are not in a noise controlled environment totally, so a louder tone produced on a target may be a good thing. Sure in the worst of sites for nails a gain of say 39 may do the trick. I could see a littered site hunted with both low and high gain with finds being produced by both, one lower gain setting hunting behind say a high gain setting. You could say the same thing about the Deus with its different freqs and recovery rates and adjustable Tx power. That's why it's good to go back to sites and try some different things with your detector. IMO a virgin detected site yields very little learning for a said detector.
April 20, 2015 02:26PM
good post, lowboy. Food for thought.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?