Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Digging knife

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Digging knife
April 20, 2015 03:45PM
Anyone got a favorite digging knife? My leshcie has been welded once and is about half of what it used to be. Kinda like jj's. I've no problem with getting another unless there is a better one. Here is a tip I got from the Bo guy that makes really good videos. I don't know his name and would look but every time I change windows I get logged out of this site now. I used to go months without having to log back in. Anyway he suggested a trench digger instead of a "metal detector specific made tool" so I went to lowes and bought one and it worked great.
Re: Digging knife
April 20, 2015 04:54PM
If you would consider buying from abroad, the British-made Evolution products range of digging tools are rated highly by UK detectorists.
Here's a link to an auction site where they sell most of their range:
[www.metaldetectingauction.com]
And Crawfords sell them too:
[www.crawfordsmd.com]
And the "Ultimate" digging tool is also considered good, sold by Detecnicks:
[www.ebay.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 05:02PM by Pimento.
April 20, 2015 04:58PM
Those trench diggers work great if you hunt fields and woods. I wouldnt use one at public places though...... Dirt fishin uses a nice predator hand digger that might be a good replacement for your lesche.
April 20, 2015 05:05PM
I agree and should have brought that up. Might be a little much for a park or yard but is great in a field. Thanks for mentioning.
April 20, 2015 06:24PM
I like what he uses. I did a quick search and couldd not find it. Do you know where to buy?
April 20, 2015 07:29PM
Predatortools.com Raptor model 31. Scroll to the bottom of the homepage to see the product line-up
April 21, 2015 01:25AM
No offense intended to the poster who suggested a trench digger, but I've readily bent those in semi-rocky digs. Go with a detecting specific style digger, regardless of hand trowel or spade. They are roughly twice the cost, but well worth it. To the OP, if you are breaking a Lesche then you are in some knarly dirt. I'd give Predator tools a go!
April 21, 2015 03:11AM
Thanks getting one for my b day present. Hard to find though. I always like watching his videos and liked what he used just didn't know what it was. Thanks for telling me. That thing looks like a dirt eater.
April 21, 2015 05:48AM
Bflo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone got a favorite digging knife? My leshcie
> has been welded once and is about half of what it
> used to be. Kinda like jj's. I've no problem with
> getting another unless there is a better one.
> Here is a tip I got from the Bo guy that makes
> really good videos. I don't know his name and
> would look but every time I change windows I get
> logged out of this site now. I used to go months
> without having to log back in. Anyway he suggested
> a trench digger instead of a "metal detector
> specific made tool" so I went to lowes and bought
> one and it worked great.

lesche model #31 "raptor" "outrageous" digging tool!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 21, 2015 09:52AM
AM Leonard soil knife with leather sheath. No rust blade.
April 21, 2015 11:03AM
For the woods use anything that works. I use a Sampson on lawns and I dig nice plugs. It also works very well for getting behind or under coins. I very rarely scratch a target.
April 21, 2015 11:19AM
I have purchased a dozen of these Mini-Hori knives from the manufacturer to get a good price and so I could try them out.
They are great for digging ultra fast plugs when coin and jewelry hunting.
Thought I would share this with you since I found them to be an excellent tool.
They are not cheap but, then again neither are digging knives.
Just a warning, they cannot be used as prybars. Consider them a precision instrument
for just cutting plugs, which they are deadly for.

[www.treasurelinx.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 21, 2015 02:05PM
Heck I still have my 3 in 1 knife with the wooden handle for over 20 years...little shorter from sharpening but still a good overall digger( beware of the remakes they sell for 20 bucks as they break).
Years ago I put a rubber cover over the wood handle and its quite worn but still a good overall digger for most circumstances...