Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tech question Tom D or others

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tech question Tom D or others
April 20, 2015 04:20AM
I know by fully discriminating Iron(f75) you lose potential high conductive targets. If you notch foil out but leave everything else in(Including Iron), does this affect high conductors at all(besides foil masking them)?

Bey
Re: Tech question Tom D or others
April 20, 2015 10:54AM
My take would be there is a window for notching..... ie, if you are working with a digital and foil is 100.... a notch might really cover 95 to 105 and tagets in that window good or bad would go. But i dont believe that would affect the upper targets. I think a lot of the dont disc comes from WRAP AROUND that iron ..... and good targets do when you run to much sensitivity. At depth iron can sound like coins or coins will fall into the iron range..... the detector just knows there is a weak target so it calls it iron or the filters can filter it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2015 10:25AM by dewcon4414.
April 21, 2015 03:51PM
Beyonder = In most cases......... 'no'.
April 21, 2015 06:03PM
Yea! Ty. I thought as much. The problem i am having with my f75 is foil actually sounding good one way, having a decent vdi number, and the depth is showing deep. I hope to correct this by experimenting with the foil notch.

Bey
April 21, 2015 09:48PM
Remember.......... deep/fringe targets can "up-average".