Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus settings for old farmhouse

Posted by DigDugNY 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus settings for old farmhouse
May 13, 2015 04:52PM
Have the opportunity to detect an old farmhouse that my buddy and his dad caretake. Seems to be a fairly clean looking yard but have no idea as to how much might be in the ground. Just curious what settings some of you guys would use for farmhouses
Re: Deus settings for old farmhouse
May 13, 2015 07:21PM
Can't claim to be an authority, but I usually hunt in gm power, and offset the ground balance about 5 points negative. Makes the detector a bit chatty, but gets a little more depth and seems to id a bit better. I run sensitivity as high as I can stand.

I always assume gold isn't a HUGE possibility at old farmhouses, so I generally hunt in 4 or 8. When I find a patch of dense iron, I'll usually switch over to a fast based program like "HOT" from across the pond and slow down in 18. Just know that high reactivity's going to hurt your depth.

I hunt old farmsteads almost exclusively, and you'd be surprised what turns up. Be sure to look around and make sure there wasn't an older habitation nearby...one of my favorite farms has a 20s house still standing (dilapidated), and 50 yards away there's another site that's given up seated coins. You wouldn't even know it's there without the iron patch.

However you go at it, good luck!
May 14, 2015 01:55AM
Hunt in full tones if a lot of iron sens at about 50-60 TX power at 1, silencer at -1 reactivity at 3-4 swing fast take any program and add this to it disc at 0-10
If kind of clean then sens power at 80-95 TX power at 3, disc at 0-6.5 silencer at -1, full tones reactivity at 1-2, swing slower..and ground bal is dirt is giving less then 4 bars leave it on 90 don't GB just leave it there...You should dig really deep targets and don't shy away from iron that can be some cool stuff

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 14, 2015 01:58AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hunt in full tones if a lot of iron sens at about
> 50-60 TX power at 1, silencer at -1 reactivity at
> 3-4 swing fast take any program and add this to it
> disc at 0-10
> If kind of clean then sens power at 80-95 TX power
> at 3, disc at 0-6.5 silencer at -1, full tones
> reactivity at 1-2, swing slower..and ground bal is
> dirt is giving less then 4 bars leave it on 90
> don't GB just leave it there...You should dig
> really deep targets and don't shy away from iron
> that can be some cool stuff

Lawrenzo,
could you define "Swing fast" in seconds from right to left to right? This might help him. Everyone says something different on the speed of the swing when fast is said.
May 14, 2015 02:21AM
Well, every second make a complete swing from left to right

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

May 14, 2015 02:47AM
DigDugNY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have the opportunity to detect an old farmhouse
> that my buddy and his dad caretake. Seems to be a
> fairly clean looking yard but have no idea as to
> how much might be in the ground. Just curious what
> settings some of you guys would use for farmhouses

Key settings imo-
iron volume on to find the nails
Reactivity 2 silencer 1 is a good place to start with 12khz
Try full tones
If targets are numerous try to focus on the ones that read say 78 and higher to get a feel for what's in the site or the high tone targets that present no TID (right tip of horse darkened)
Sens around 91-93
TX power 2
Dead on GB to start, might dial back a few points later on
In the worst of iron as detected by the iron vol being on, consider going to 18khz reactivity 3 silencer -1.

Good luck
May 15, 2015 08:14AM
This is what is puzzling for me. One person says sens 50 to 60 and another person says sens 91 to 93???
May 15, 2015 03:41PM
if in iron try both and see what happens but for me I turn down the power and can pick out good targets

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

May 17, 2015 05:25PM
what is everyone elses expierence regarding the sensitivity issue?