Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

IYO

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
IYO
May 18, 2015 07:38PM
Is there any (appreciable) difference in depth on the Minelab XS/EX 2/SE Pro/Etrac/CTX?
Re: IYO
May 18, 2015 08:10PM
Nope. The difference to me was faster recovery speeds. And of course the bells and whistles. But depth was on par with all of them.
May 18, 2015 08:19PM
Some have said the older explorers were deeper. I don't know, only ran etrac and CTX. One problem though if its true about the older units being deeper, the support from Minelab seems is gone bye bye. I guess a person could use one until it croaks or buy another and have some spare parts to keep you going.
May 18, 2015 08:59PM
The explorer 2 is the best of all the original fbs units to me. I own two and may buy another to have it. They just dont lie on deep iron in my dirt like every other machine. Seriously, at all. I didnt like the SE as much, it DID fool me occasionally on iron. The etrac is very nice, I just don't like the line concept. The original fbs machines seperate targets all about the same to me, the screen processes faster as they went along, but I don't necessarily believe it when people claim on "seperates" better. Just match the coil for the site and hunt.

The ctx is a whole another beast. The tone bin is the best feature they've added since the XS IMO.
May 18, 2015 09:15PM
the XS is the deepest ..BUT you have to work in the noise for it to be effective and its hard to tell falses form deepies when doing this till your ear is trained...

but its deeper than the other FBS units at a sanity cost..

I would get the CTX anyday over all of them.. it was more universal... as close to a do it all machine as I have seen just have to add the small 6 to compete in iron effectively and use some agressive settings..Nut oversall best trash unit built and its DEEP...

just do a search on here,,, this same question is asked over and over...THE CTX is the best FBS for all around do it all the XS is the deepest FBS at a cost....MY OPINION of course.....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla